Editing AliDropship Themes

Hi everyone,
I currently use the Rembrandt theme from AliDropship, and for the most part, it's working fine.
However, as anyone using this plugin knows, it's customized to do the job it has to do in order to properly display product etc. My question has to do with minor modifications I would like to make to the theme, such as putting some custom text above the product on the home page or letting people know there is a lag time receiving some product coming from Asia. As you can see below, the "Customization" screen is limit to "it is what it is" and there is no where to add anything to it.

Configure.png

Can this be done or do I run the risk of breaking the plugin editing it like any other Wordpress page? If anyone knows of a tutorial page showing how to do this, and assuming you can, please feel free to send it along.

Cheers!

ahmadsofian

Use a Child theme and edit what you like. I have an old Davinci Child Theme and you would not recognise it as Davinci.
Davinci Child Theme? Is there any sample for this Child Theme? I am using Davinci Theme...but I would like to build my store slightly different from the normal Davinci Theme. Thank you

Direct Webstore

Is there any sample for this Child Theme?

A child theme is usually a folder called "theme-child" that you copy to the themes folder... in this case "davinci-child". The folder contains at a minimum functions.php and style.css ... plus copies of any original theme files from Davinci that you want to edit. e.g header.php, front-page.php etc.

They are very basic and a quick Google search will reveal all.

But ... if you don't know how to make a basic child theme ... how are you going to add and edit other theme files to it? Can you edit and customise PHP, HTML and CSS code?