Dropshipping from Aliexpress useless in Europe ?

youness

Hello,

I just started looking into Aliexpress for dropshipping and bought Alidropshping plugin .

The plugin is pretty solid for its simplicity, however I have a question in my mind . How worth it is it to dropship using aliexpress in Europe ?

As far as I can see, if you are dropshipping to US you have the epacket option, which makes it viable to deliver an item in reasonable time.

However, such option is not available for Europe, which leads me to question if it's even worth it considering aliexpress as an option for shipping in Europe.

The delivery times from China / HK go from 1 to x months, and there is no consumer in today's market that is willing to wait that long for a product unless he previously know he is ordering from China, which kind of defeats the purpose of it .

What are your thoughts about this ?

maxyy89

Hello! Absolutely is worth. Most of my costumers are in Europe and to them, i send with China Post Registered Air Mail or Aliexpress Standard Shipping.Most important to me that is available tracking. I have sent few items to Norway with Aliexpress Standard Shipping and average delivery time is 17 days.

youness

Hello! Absolutely is worth. Most of my costumers are in Europe and to them, i send with China Post Registered Air Mail or Aliexpress Standard Shipping.Most important to me that is available tracking. I have sent few items to Norway with Aliexpress Standard Shipping and average delivery time is 17 days.

maxxy89 I'm sure you have a 17days average delivery time in Norway but that's just not the case for most products delivered in rest of Europe.

To be realistic you have to expect delivery times of 1 month and higher (for over 90% of the chinese products at least), which led me to this question . I don't know any modern consumer that is willing to wait 1 month or more for a product unless they previously know they are ordering from China .

Epacket is available to many EU countries also, it is worth it
IS that so ? To which countries ? I wonder why epacket option is only available for US in the plugin .

It certainly isn't available in my country and I can't see any other delivery option being sustainable for a long term local business in Europe if you are not clearly positioned as a chinese products store.

otk

maxxy89 I'm sure you have a 17days average delivery time in Norway but that's just not the case for most products delivered in rest of Europe.

To be realistic you have to expect delivery times of 1 month and higher (for over 90% of the chinese products at least), which led me to this question . I don't know any modern consumer that is willing to wait 1 month or more for a product unless they previously know they are ordering from China .

IS that so ? To which countries ? I wonder why epacket option is only available for US in the plugin .

It certainly isn't available in my country and I can't see any other delivery option being sustainable for a long term local business in Europe if you are not clearly positioned as a chinese products store.
This is a list i got from a supplier, i dont guarantee it is 100% accurate.
United Kingdom
France
Ukraine
Norway
Germany
Austria
Belgium
Switzerland
Denmark
Hungary
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Poland
Sweden
Finland

youness

This is a list i got from a supplier, i dont guarantee it is 100% accurate.
United Kingdom
France
Ukraine
Norway
Germany
Austria
Belgium
Switzerland
Denmark
Hungary
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Poland
Sweden
Finland

Yes , according to my research there's even a few more.

However, epacket is completely useless in Europe and it will not get there nearly as fast as it gets to US.

Delivery times for Epacket are in fact higher than the standard shing method in Europe, ranging from a minimum of 20 (after order processing) to 40 days.

otk

Yes , according to my research there's even a few more.

However, epacket is completely useless in Europe and it will not get there nearly as fast as it gets to US.

Delivery times for Epacket are in fact higher than the standard shing method in Europe, ranging from a minimum of 20 (after order processing) to 40 days.
I dont agree. I have had items delivered to Germany / Netherlands in less then 10 days sometimes.

youness

I dont agree. I have had items delivered to Germany / Netherlands in less then 10 days sometimes.
Well there you go, sometimes ... Sometimes is not the rule, it's the exception.

If you check the delivery time estimate for epacket in Europe it goes from 20 to 40 days, opposed to 10-15 days in US.