Deletion of "Ships from" attribute

ironman78

Hey guys,

I have small question. Does it hurt the order process by deleting the "Ships from" attribute of the product?
I do not want te customer to see the choices as from where the product will be shipped from (China, France, Spain).

Is it possible to still put the order through to Aliexpress after the customer made the purchase?
Thanks in advance.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hey guys,

I have small question. Does it hurt the order process by deleting the "Ships from" attribute of the product?
I do not want te customer to see the choices as from where the product will be shipped from (China, France, Spain).

Is it possible to still put the order through to Aliexpress after the customer made the purchase?
Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your question!

AliDropship Woo :
1. Attribute names can be edited (but don't change slugs)
2. Attributes can't be deleted (otherwise they won't be updated)
3. Variation names can be edited
4. Variations can be deleted

AliDropship:
Attributes and variations can be edited/deleted - products will be updated.

BUT (for both plugins): if a seller adds a new attribute for a product - it needs to be reset to be updated further.

You can learn more here:
What can we do with 'Ships from' attribute?
Manage attribute 'Ships From'

chris37

Attributes can't be deleted (otherwise they won't be updated)
For woo plugin.
Your attributes can not be delete but can be hide (Display none) with css. For example the the "ship from" can be hide with css in the front end,in the back end I will set up in the variation area the default variation I want to be selected , with this way is not gonna broke the automatic order because the "ship from" is already selected in the front end but not visible :)

But again all of this set up is gonna be broke again if the seller update anything from aliexpress site.