DaVinci Theme: User Address Form and Shipping Option in the Same Page

ferronf

Hey guys,
I noticed some sample websites using previous DaVinci theme and looks like the address form , shipping option and payment is listed in the same page which reduces one unnecessary step of clicking "next" which I see in DaVinci 2.0.

Currently, the flow is
User Proceeds to Cart --> Fill Up Address --> Choose Free Shipping --> Checkout

How do I get to this flow?
User Proceeds to Cart --> Fill Up Address & FREE Shipping is listed below --> Checkout (by listing the payment in same page)

Attachments

• shipping in same page.PNG
    shipping in same page.PNG
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hey guys,
I noticed some sample websites using previous DaVinci theme and looks like the address form , shipping option and payment is listed in the same page which reduces one unnecessary step of clicking "next" which I see in DaVinci 2.0.

Currently, the flow is
User Proceeds to Cart --> Fill Up Address --> Choose Free Shipping --> Checkout

How do I get to this flow?
User Proceeds to Cart --> Fill Up Address & FREE Shipping is listed below --> Checkout (by listing the payment in same page)
Hello,

You use a very old version of AliDropship plugin. The new checkout was introduced last summer. Please download the latest version from here. Also, make sure you have the updated theme as well.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or require assistance.

ferronf

Hello,

You use a very old version of AliDropship plugin. The new checkout was introduced last summer. Please download the latest version from here. Also, make sure you have the updated theme as well.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or require assistance.

Thank you for the response. I did check the demo page in the alidropship website, but even the demo shows "Continue to shipping" option like what I have right now (image attached). Or is it customizable into a single page once I update the new version?

Is there any docs on how can I customize it into a single page (the demo login in the alidropship website, doesnt have the option too)

Attachments

• continue to shipping.PNG
    continue to shipping.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 7
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Thank you for the response. I did check the demo page in the alidropship website, but even the demo shows "Continue to shipping" option like what I have right now (image attached). Or is it customizable into a single page once I update the new version?

Is there any docs on how can I customize it into a single page (the demo login in the alidropship website, doesnt have the option too)
Hello,

The checkout page cannot be customized this way. Once you update your plugin, you will have our new multi-step checkout.

ferronf

Hello,

The checkout page cannot be customized this way. Once you update your plugin, you will have our new multi-step checkout.

Ohh, so you are saying multi-step checkout is the latest?
May I know why though? Isn't that easier to let users fill up details in a single page especially if it's free shipping?

Multi-step checkkout is not really user friendly when I compare both. Or do you have any reasons behind this change? I'm sure there could be a reason why you guys decided to change it this way.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Ohh, so you are saying multi-step checkout is the latest?
May I know why though? Isn't that easier to let users fill up details in a single page especially if it's free shipping?

Multi-step checkkout is not really user friendly when I compare both. Or do you have any reasons behind this change? I'm sure there could be a reason why you guys decided to change it this way.
Hello,

On the contrary, multi-step checkout performance proved much more efficient.
Please check this thread to learn more.