Dali theme issues/improvements

Andyroe208

Hi Guys,

First-time poster so please be nice :)

I have downloaded and set up the Alidropship plugin (none Woocommerce version) and using the Dali theme. I am tweaking the design to suit my preferences but have noticed a few issues or improvements
  • On the homepage, I don't seem to be getting the "ON SALE" badge although the product is on sale. I have checked to make sure the badge is set to display in customisation -> general and have noticed that this setting has returned to an off position at least twice. Even when turned back on the badge does not show on the homepage but does on the category page. This appears to be the same on the demo.
  • Also on the homepage, my "New In" section remains blank. Is this not used for newly added products? I'm also assuming the "Most Liked" is based on sales?
  • Also on the homepage, on products on sale, the "ON SALE" badge should show but I notice the none sale price is not shown like it is on the categories page. This is the same on the demo store so maybe an improvement with the possibility of centering it on both the homepage and category page?
  • Finally, on the single product page, I have the enable social sharing disabled but this still appears on the bottom of each product.
As a new user, I suspect these are all silly things I have done but any help would be appreciated.

Other than the above I love this theme

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi Guys,

First-time poster so please be nice :)

I have downloaded and set up the Alidropship plugin (none Woocommerce version) and using the Dali theme. I am tweaking the design to suit my preferences but have noticed a few issues or improvements
  • On the homepage, I don't seem to be getting the "ON SALE" badge although the product is on sale. I have checked to make sure the badge is set to display in customisation -> general and have noticed that this setting has returned to an off position at least twice. Even when turned back on the badge does not show on the homepage but does on the category page. This appears to be the same on the demo.
  • Also on the homepage, my "New In" section remains blank. Is this not used for newly added products? I'm also assuming the "Most Liked" is based on sales?
  • Also on the homepage, on products on sale, the "ON SALE" badge should show but I notice the none sale price is not shown like it is on the categories page. This is the same on the demo store so maybe an improvement with the possibility of centering it on both the homepage and category page?
  • Finally, on the single product page, I have the enable social sharing disabled but this still appears on the bottom of each product.
As a new user, I suspect these are all silly things I have done but any help would be appreciated.

Other than the above I love this theme
Hello,

Thanks you for getting in touch with us!

- Please make sure you've updated the plugin (ver. 1.6.3) and the theme (ver. 1.2.0) to the latest version. I can't reproduce the bug either on my test website or on the demo.
- Could you please let me know how many items you have in your store?
- Products don't show original price, only sale price on Homepage to keep the design clean and simple.
- Thanks for reporting the bug!

Attachments

• dali sales badges.jpg
    dali sales badges.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 12

Andyroe208

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can confirm I am using Alidropship 1.6.3 and Dali 1.2.0

Since posting this the sale badge seems to behave as expected.

As for the "New In" section, this was delayed somewhat and have started displaying over time

The Social Sharing displays no matter what I have it set to. I currently have it set to not display but it does.

I currently have only 15 products but these issues seem to be slowing me down adding more as I currently feel I will have to go back and edit all products again to fix my issues.

I also seem to be having issues hiding the "Ships From" from displaying. I go to the variations and set the ones I don't want to display to staus off but these also show. There have been a lot of talks about this subject, is there an actual way to hide this?

I hope this helps but I would like to share my website and admin details because screenshots wouldn't be suitable for some audiences.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can confirm I am using Alidropship 1.6.3 and Dali 1.2.0

Since posting this the sale badge seems to behave as expected.

As for the "New In" section, this was delayed somewhat and have started displaying over time

The Social Sharing displays no matter what I have it set to. I currently have it set to not display but it does.

I currently have only 15 products but these issues seem to be slowing me down adding more as I currently feel I will have to go back and edit all products again to fix my issues.

I also seem to be having issues hiding the "Ships From" from displaying. I go to the variations and set the ones I don't want to display to staus off but these also show. There have been a lot of talks about this subject, is there an actual way to hide this?

I hope this helps but I would like to share my website and admin details because screenshots wouldn't be suitable for some audiences.
Hello,

- We'll fix the social share icons bug in the nearest future.
- "Ships From" attribute cannot be hidden. You can delete it, but please keep in mind that your product may not be updated correctly consequently.
Are you having any troubles building your website with the Dali theme at the moment?

Andyroe208

Hi Ekaterina,

Thank you for clearing this up. It seems that most of my problems are not problems at all but part of the design.

I look forward to the update.

Could you or anyone else please explain what the status option under a products variation tab is used for?

Would I be correct in saying it only applies only to product variations?

This could be where my misunderstanding has come from :)

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi Ekaterina,

Thank you for clearing this up. It seems that most of my problems are not problems at all but part of the design.

I look forward to the update.

Could you or anyone else please explain what the status option under a products variation tab is used for?

Would I be correct in saying it only applies only to product variations?

This could be where my misunderstanding has come from :)
You can disable product variations so they are shown on your Single product page, but not available for purchase.