Customizing Da Vinci 2.0 Woo CSS

Legebri

Hello,

I'm trying to customize the Da Vinci 2.0 for woocommerce theme with some custom CSS code through a child theme automatically created with the wizard that the theme itself provides.

The question is that when I try to add code to the style.css of the child theme via Appearance -> Theme Editor the changes are not reflected in the webpage. On the other hand, if I apply the same code via Appearance->Customize->Additional CSS, it works without any problem.

My doubts are the following:
1) Which one is the correct way to do this?
2) If I update the theme, will my changed be reverted if I change the CSS through the last way mentioned?
3) Where does that code got saved?

And as a bonus one, if I want to edit the HTML/PHP part of the theme, I suppose that what I have to do is copying the file of the main theme into the child one and edit this one, and it will be loaded after the main theme php file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Direct Webstore

The question is that when I try to add code to the style.css of the child theme via Appearance -> Theme Editor the changes are not reflected in the webpage. On the other hand, if I apply the same code via Appearance->Customize->Additional CSS, it works without any problem.

I complained about that exact same thing weeks ago when I tried the theme. I would have thought they'd fixed it by now.

1) Which one is the correct way to do this?
You are doing it the correct way.

2) If I update the theme, will my changed be reverted if I change the CSS through the last way mentioned?
No. The Additional CSS will remain untouched.

3) Where does that code got saved?
In the database ... probably the Options table.

if I want to edit the HTML/PHP part of the theme, I suppose that what I have to do is copying the file of the main theme into the child one and edit this one..
Yes, that's right.

Like I've said in other threads, the theme is just not "Child Theme friendly"

You could just edit the mother theme files, keep a local copy on your PC and re-upload them after each update ... and keep using the "Additional CSS" ... but it's a pain in the ass.

I gave up on it went back to my Flatsome theme.

Last edited: