Collect tax only from a single (US) state?

vaxhax

I am hoping that by setting up a tax rate only for the US State of Texas that the plugin will only collect taxes where I have nexus. However once I select the country I am not able to select the individual state (to match ship-to address for collection). What do I need to do in here to specify US->Texas, not "All" ?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2018-10-24 17.05.29.png

vaxhax

I saved it and found that the state drop down is hiding behind the country. This form should probably be a little wider? (see attached)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-24 17.08.44.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-24 17.08.44.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 4

Direct Webstore

For 1 state, I wouldn't even bother. I don't add any taxes at all on the front end for my customers. I pay all taxes myself and absorb the cost via my overall profits. I think the price customers see is the price they pay is much better than tacking on extra charges. That always pisses me off as a customer. My No. 1 rule is ... "If it pisses me off, don't piss my customers off with it either"

Lets's face it ... dropshipping has pretty low overheads and and big profit margins. It's easy to keep things simple. :)

vaxhax

Good point, may end up doing that. I guess we will have to see how complex it gets. I'm not the best bookkeeper, but I'd be happy to have enough orders to actually be worried about. Just setting up the software for the first time today. Not too bad of a learning curve. :)