Can't find Paypal API

kristijan95

Click Seller Preferences on the left side of PP Account
seller.jpg

And then click Update aside API AccessAPI.jpg

And then there should be data you need :)

P.S. You don't need upgrade to business

kbs84

yes it is, they didn't change a thing in panel, you should see seller preferences on the left side of your home panel

Thanks for the reply, but they definitely have changed things (at least for some people). I think the difference is probably that I'm a U.S. account. I don't have that option, I looked around plenty for it. I just had to create a new business account though, so problem solved. :)

kristijan95

Thanks for the reply, but they definitely have changed things (at least for some people). I think the difference is probably that I'm a U.S. account. I don't have that option, I looked around plenty for it. I just had to create a new business account though, so problem solved. :)
oh well then there is a difference between US and EU accounts :D although I think that there is that option in personal US Account but glad you did it :)

kbs84

oh well then there is a difference between US and EU accounts :D although I think that there is that option in personal US Account but glad you did it :)

Yeah, I did a lot of searching around yesterday and it seems to be a very recent change (past month or two) even for the U.S. accounts.

KevinRB

Note of caution - if you open / upgrade to a business account, but do not have the correct documents to prove it at some point you will have a problem. I had a Premier / Business Account for 10 years, they upgraded my account without documentation as sales took off....i reached a certain threshhold 3 months ago, explained that I was self-employed but not a business owner, supplied whatever documentation i could....they then despite my numerous emails to them took 68 days to decide that i could no longer own a business account during which time my account was limited, meaning that at the start i could make payments as normal but by January 2017 i could not even make payment for a domain renewal

The fact that i have had an account of over 10 years in good standing for the whole of that period, means nothing to them. Proceed with caution!

Johan9

In Australia you do not need a business account. You do however need a premier paypal account to be able to access API. Fees are the same as for personal account, but with a number of options specific to online selling. So if you can not see the API as earlier described in this thread, try open a premier account.