Can anyone explain me how they post from woocommerce to social channels with social rabbit.

Dylan-

Hi dropshippers,

I am not sure how everyone here sets up the social rabbit.
I want to promote my products with individual captions, which tool do i need to use for that.

Dylan-

Well, basically i want to show an individual caption for every product. But the Instagram poster function is only grabbing products and posting them with the standard pre-filled caption.

Nadezhda

Staff member
Well, basically i want to show an individual caption for every product. But the Instagram poster function is only grabbing products and posting them with the standard pre-filled caption.

Hello, Dylan
You can set posting for every single product. So, you should go to products sections, click "edit"and choose Social Rabbit Auto Poster right behind product options, activities, discussion and comments. You can set here the day and time for posting, social network and edit template. Then update the product. That's it! You can check how it will be posted on Social Rabbit Settings, like shown on the 3rd print screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 13

Nadezhda

Staff member
Hi, Dylan-
We are prepearing some new features of Social Rabbit in the nearest future, but not concerning Facebook( nothing has changed with it yet)

Last edited:
Hello! Mind if I ride the thread? Also wondering how the social rabbit works. Does it use up a lot of server resources? Interested with it but don't really want it to use up server resource.

Nadezhda

Staff member
Hello! Mind if I ride the thread? Also wondering how the social rabbit works. Does it use up a lot of server resources? Interested with it but don't really want it to use up server resource.

Hello, EfraimDiveroli
Social Rabbit uses your server resource, for a short period of time, just while publishing posts. So, it won't use it up.

Direct Webstore

I'm betting the answer is "No". Anyway ... it doesn't use any more bandwidth resources than a newsletter plugin ... I think you're over complicating something that doesn't need to be complicated.

It's a Wordpress plugin. You'd need to set up a separate Wordpress installation on the sub-domain and then somehow get it to pull product details etc from the main domain your store is installed on. Why on Earth go to all that unnecessary hassle (that's probably unworkable anyway) when the impact on your server is ... as you've been informed ... nothing to worry about? But all that is moot anyway because if the sub-domain is on the same server ... you won't be "spreading the load" anyway.

None of my sites have come to a grinding halt and exploded into flames from using it so far ... lol :)

Its an additional maintenance overhead to the website which is unrelated to its function so think its the other way around, the plugin should add complexity and attack surface to the setup. I'd really want my website to have as little plugin as possible for maintnenance reasons. i.e. lesser stuff to test on updates as from my experience updates with woocommerce breaks too often.

Direct Webstore

Its an additional maintenance overhead to the website which is unrelated to its function

Sorry. But that's simply not true. It's function is to promote products on your site and is totally related to your site. But I know what you mean. There ARE other exo site alternatives like Hootsuite etc. But Social Rabbit is a plugin. You can't get around that. It needs to to be "plugged in" to the site it's working for.

You also have to be more realistic and less pedantic. Wordpress is sturdier than you are giving it credit for ...

... but anyway ... maybe I'm wrong and it IS feasible. Maybe @Nadezhda will confirm otherwise.

I seriously doubt it though. :)

Last edited: