build in currency switcher

Hi, Alidropship team,
I check the currency switcher and i found some issue that quite confusing the visitor. where many currency like canada, Australia, barbadian dollar is using the same symbol $ rather than CAD, AUD. and this might confuse the visitor as once the currency change and if user still seeing the symbol $, they thought is a USD dollar where seems like the pricing is kind of HIGH.

Is it possible to update using different symbol especially for australia(AUD), New zealand(NZD)and canada(CAD), singapore(SGD)?

Please advise
thanks

Direct Webstore

This has been discussed before. Customers don't get confused. Search the forum with the search box above to see what has already been discussed. :)

can you point me where is the discussion? as i cannot find it. i still think that customer will be confuse coz use country using same symbols $ and if the country using this symbols has lower currency rates, it might looks that the price is quite high! since most of the online store by default currency is USD ($).

Direct Webstore

can you point me where is the discussion?
https://forum.alidropship.com/search/59113/?page=2&q=currency+switcher&o=date

That is the result from the search box. I could scan through the 10 pages to find it ... but I don't have time. Maybe someone else here will do it for you.

Is it possible to update using different symbol especially for australia(AUD), New zealand(NZD)and canada(CAD), singapore(SGD)?
Bottom line ... at the moment. No. Make a suggestion for it in the Suggestion Forum ... and move onto other things. That's about all you can do. Most customers have more intelligence than you give them credit for. Don't worry about it. If an Aussie, for example, intentionally used the switcher to change to Aussie dollars, he would see the price change as soon as the page reloaded. You don't have to be Einstein to see the change. The switcher itself would also be displaying AU$.

:)

Last edited: