Best payment gateway to choose for Ukraine

ayvazovskiy

Hi guys and gals,

I am located in Ukraine and would like to ask your advice which credit card payment gateways work for those of you who are from Ukraine/Russia/Belorus (or other european countries that are not inside EU).
I am in the process of communication with quite a few of them (especially those listed by Alidropship as available), but no luck yet.
I already requested an EIN to be able to try Stripe+Payoneer combo, but it will still take some time to get all the data together and setup.

Tried so far:
1) 2Checkout - does not work for me. Their terms of service says no "upsell sellers" allowed. I think this refers to dropshipping or resellers. Their customer support rejected immediately after I mentioned I plan dropshipping. And I am not a fan of deceiving my payment provider, which can be painful in the long run.
2) Paypal - sadly does not allow to receive payments in Ukraine.
3) Authorize.net - contacted them, but have not received any reply yet.
4) Payline - no contact with them yet.
5) Stripe - got registered, but not yet used them as a gateway. In process of getting EIN.
6) Braintree - received rejection.
7) BlueSnap - rejected after mentioning dropshipping and Ukraine
8) Worldpay - no contact with them yet.
9) Dwolla - no contact with them yet.
10) WePay - no contact with them yet.
11) Fondy - Confirmed as working with indiviaduals and businesses in Ukraine and Europe. Not in the US though. Got rejected on the stage of merchant activation.
12) Payssion - rejected as they do not provide credit card gateways. Only for Webmoney, cryptocurrency etc.
13) Squareup - no contact with them yet.
14) Paylike - only for EU and UK registered businesses (or EU citizens).
Would be interesting to see what you experienced in similar conditions.

Last edited:

ayvazovskiy

Fondy is currently ok to work with. But its not in the list gateways for the original Alidropship plugin. Will have to use the woo version and some modification to the website.

ayvazovskiy

Hello!
Now I consider such Ukrainian services:
https://wayforpay.com/ if believe the reviews, has problems with transfers from the US
https://www.portmone.com.ua/ work only with EU
https://www.liqpay.ua/ reviews on working with foreign clients are mostly negative
Hello, thank you for these.
These are not international systems, but Ukraine based. They are working ok for sales in Ukraine, but as you mentioned, there will be issues with international customers.
They are as well requiring you to have a company registered in Ukraine, which is not the case for me.

Uni81

How about wayforpay?
And about trick with stripe, EIN - say its not work now ( (they BAN that accaunts)

ayvazovskiy

And about trick with stripe, EIN - say its not work now ( (they BAN that accaunts)
The method itself is completely legal but only if you create an LLC in the US and use the given EIN. Otherwise, you can get banned as you mentioned once they ask to confirm business registration address.
As for Wayforpay, havent tried them. Can be a viable option. Will finalize my discussions with Portmone and Skrill first.