Are variables for a product predetermined for an imported product ? (as opposed to a straight woocommerce product ?

ramrod

Hi everyone - I'm having problems creating variables and attributes, and I hope someone here can help me since most of my planned items need a variable selection.

My question is - If I import a product from Ali, do I have to use the variables and attributes as they are in the imported ali page ? Or can I create different variables for imported items ?

If this link works, and you scroll down to the product data section, you'll see the ali/imported product uses the word "color" as the variable heading, but its actually capacity I want to select. I would like to use the word "capacity" as the variable. It looks like I can't, because the word "capacity" is like a dead selector box. ?????

https://weighaton.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=4639&action=edit

Could someone shed some light on this ?

Last edited:

Christina

Administrator
Hi everyone - I'm having problems creating variables and attributes, and I hope someone here can help me since most of my planned items need a variable selection.

My question is - If I import a product from Ali, do I have to use the variables and attributes as they are in the imported ali page ? Or can I create different variables for imported items ?

If this link works, and you scroll down to the product data section, you'll see the ali/imported product uses the word "color" as the variable heading, but its actually capacity I want to select. I would like to use the word "capacity" as the variable. It looks like I can't, because the word "capacity" is like a dead selector box. ?????

https://weighaton.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=4639&action=edit

Could someone shed some light on this ?

Hello, ramrod!

Actually it's better to use the variations and attributes as they are on AliExpress.
You shouldn't delete the whole attribute, especially, if it is used for variations.
You shouldn't add your own attributes.
Otherwise, products can't be updated and orders can't be placed on AliExpress properly.

But you can edit the title of the attribute.

ramrod

Thanks Christina - I tried the deal where you restore the Ali attributes, but I don't see any difference, except the box for Capacity is useable now. Nothing else changed. I guess I should delete the whole deal and then re import that product ? And be really careful about what I change ?

Ok, so I just rediscovered the knowledge base. It looks like everything to do with the setup is in there. Thanks for your help so far.

Last edited: