Alidropship Woo Plugin Data after Website Migration and Plugin Reactivation

Will778

Hi Alidropship Community,

I have following questions that I would like to know the answers to before I send hours working on my website. My situtation is that I would like to change my existing mydomain.com from Alidropship to Alidropship Woo. I would like to finish a staging site with Alidropship Woo and all activted plugins/add ons, and then I would like to migrate my staging site with Alidropship Wood to mydomain.com (by erasing mydomain.com first). I would then reactivate all plugins/add ons including Alidropshiping Woo on mydomain.com. Please someone help me answer the following questions before I start working on my staging site with Alidropship Woo. Any feedback is much appreciated.

1. Do you have any tips before I work on my staging site or before I migrate the staging site to mydomain.com?

2. What are the best ways to migrate a website from a staging site to a domain site? Please explain. (I have come accross methods using WPvivid)

3. Do you know if I will be able to keep all my Wordpress's and plugin/add ons' settings and data from the staging site after migration and plugin
reactivation on mydomain.com?

4. What Wordpress's and plugin/add ons' settings and data are likely to disappear after migration and plugin/add on reactivations?

Thank you

Will

chris37

1. Do you have any tips before I work on my staging site or before I migrate the staging site to mydomain.com?
If your alidripship plugin is connected to another domain then you must reset it for is working in your staging site and then reset it again for is working in your normal site.

2. What are the best ways to migrate a website from a staging site to a domain site? Please explain. (I have come accross methods using WPvivid)
I do not know any better way than manual migration. Any plugin migration has its own limitation, so if you want to be 100% covered then let a pro for it make it for you. (that is not included if your hosting support one button set up of staging site).

3. Do you know if I will be able to keep all my Wordpress's and plugin/add ons' settings and data from the staging site after migration and plugin
reactivation on mydomain.com?
Whatever you have in your staging site when it will be migrating and take all over your previous website (anything you have in your previous website you must add again)

4. What Wordpress's and plugin/add ons' settings and data are likely to disappear after migration and plugin/add on reactivations?
My above answer covers that question too :)

Will778

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, there is no easy way out changing from Alidropship to Alidripship Woo. I just hope that the staging site can take over the previous site with all the settings and data in place, so that the time I will be working on the staging site will not be loss. From question 3, you mentioned that staging site will take over. Then, I am going to work on my staging site. Thank you for your answers

PS. I also came across other online videos comfirming your answers.

Thanks,

Will

chris37

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, there is no easy way out changing from Alidropship to Alidripship Woo. I just hope that the staging site can take over the previous site with all the settings and data in place, so that the time I will be working on the staging site will not be loss. From question 3, you mentioned that staging site will take over. Then, I am going to work on my staging site. Thank you for your answers

PS. I also came across other online videos comfirming your answers.

Thanks,

Will
I am glad my answers help you.