Alidropship themes

I already know about the standard themes. I was asking how to integrate with other themes for Ali Express DropShip PLugin. Has anyone done that? Is there a tutorial for that?

Real Residual

I'd just make a copy of the theme folder you wish to use, name it something like davinci_child, then use that theme. Make sure to also change the Theme Name in style.css to Davinci_Child so you can tell which is which, and then go to town and play with it. As far as I know, I don't think theme files were encrypted, so you can edit functions.php and change single_product layout. I just edited front-page.php and added customized blocks. Just make sure you copy/backup everything before you make changes, or you will break your site.

I'd just make a copy of the theme folder you wish to use, name it something like davinci_child, then use that theme. Make sure to also change the Theme Name in style.css to Davinci_Child so you can tell which is which, and then go to town and play with it. As far as I know, I don't think theme files were encrypted, so you can edit functions.php and change single_product layout. I just edited front-page.php and added customized blocks. Just make sure you copy/backup everything before you make changes, or you will break your site.

Thanks this is really helpful.

Real Residual

I can install it just fine. Make sure you got your Wordpress running fine with a default theme and then you can upload the new theme.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

The problem is that davinci is not working. impossible to install
First of all, please note that the DaVinci theme is compatible with Alidropship original plugin only, it does not work with Alidropship Woo plugin. Could you please be more specific: what kind of error did you get when trying to install the theme file?

Snipershop

i have installed another ecommerce theme and i arrive to import the products, but the check out buttons are not visibile. I can use another theme because the one i have is very indicated for our activity.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

i have installed another ecommerce theme and i arrive to import the products, but the check out buttons are not visibile. I can use another theme because the one i have is very indicated for our activity.
As it has been already mentioned, AliDropship original plugin works perfectly well with DaVinci, Michelangelo and Rembrandt. We do not recommend installing any third-party themes. What version of the plugin do you have installed: original or WooCommerce based?

it is original. I bought the plugin but I heard that woocommerce is also available. HOw can I convert my current plugin version to the woocommerce version of the plugin. Also which one is the better one.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello Babar,
The core difference between the two plugins is theme compatibility. Please refer to this guide to learn in what ways AliDropship original plugin and AliDropship Woo plugin are different: https://alidropship.com/codex/8-alidropship-vs-alidropship-woocommerce-choose/ Also, please keep in mind that you will need to reinstall your WP if you make up your mind to switch to another version as they have different structures that are not compatible with each other. This will help you avoid conflicts between the plugins.

SO after looking at your post it is better to stay with AlidropShop, Since I am getting all the functionality only drawback is the themes. Is there any tutorial on customization within the boundaries of the alidropship themes available?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

SO after looking at your post it is better to stay with AlidropShop, Since I am getting all the functionality only drawback is the themes. Is there any tutorial on customization within the boundaries of the alidropship themes available?
Sure, please check this guide to learn more about themes customization: https://alidropship.com/codex/3-how-to-customize-themes/Besides, I would appreciate if you were more specific: what exactly do you think the built-in themes lack?

artmelkon

Sure, please check this guide to learn more about themes customization: https://alidropship.com/codex/3-how-to-customize-themes/Besides, I would appreciate if you were more specific: what exactly do you think the built-in themes lack?
I have created the child theme for Rembrandt theme but for some reason, it's telling me that "
The parent theme is missing. Please install the "Rembrandt" parent theme." And the link that you posted is broken, error 404. I have done it before for other WP themes with no problem but I don't know why it asking me to install when I already have that installed. Thanks

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I have created the child theme for Rembrandt theme but for some reason, it's telling me that "
The parent theme is missing. Please install the "Rembrandt" parent theme." And the link that you posted is broken, error 404. I have done it before for other WP themes with no problem but I don't know why it asking me to install when I already have that installed. Thanks
Have you deleted the parent theme? Please note that it cannot be removed.