About Abandon Cart coupon codes

Myst7

Hi,

I know offering discount coupon codes during Abandon Cart emails is a proven working strategy, but how do you setup those coupons codes in a way they are only REALLY valid for a limited time, for each individual customer.

Let me explain :

If a customer abandon his cart, he will receive an email, where he will be offered a 10% off his order (let's say with the coupon CHECKOUT10), valid for the next 48 hours (for example). Now, let's say he purchases the items, and come back 1 week later. What does prevent him for using this same coupon code again (CHECKOUT10), to get a 10% off his new order? If I really set an end date for the coupon code CHECKOUT10, then how do you manage for each customer?

Thanks a lot!

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi,

I know offering discount coupon codes during Abandon Cart emails is a proven working strategy, but how do you setup those coupons codes in a way they are only REALLY valid for a limited time, for each individual customer.

Let me explain :

If a customer abandon his cart, he will receive an email, where he will be offered a 10% off his order (let's say with the coupon CHECKOUT10), valid for the next 48 hours (for example). Now, let's say he purchases the items, and come back 1 week later. What does prevent him for using this same coupon code again (CHECKOUT10), to get a 10% off his new order? If I really set an end date for the coupon code CHECKOUT10, then how do you manage for each customer?

Thanks a lot!
There are no such option available. However, with the help of AliDropship plugin (ver 1), you can manage your coupons more effectively. Please check AliDropship plugin settings (AliDropship => Settings => Coupons) to set up time period your promo codes are valid. Coupons ‹ My WordPress Website — WordPress.jpg

Direct Webstore

Yes, but doesn't it mean the coupon can only be used once in TOTAL ?
Or is it once per customer ?

Logically, once per customer. Each and every customer can use the coupon once only. Having to spend a lot of time constantly creating single, one use coupons for each individual customer when you may have hundreds of customers does not make sense. :)

Direct Webstore

Logically, once per customer. Each and every customer can use the coupon once only. Having to spend a lot of time constantly creating single, one use coupons for each individual customer when you may have hundreds of customers does not make sense. :)

Actually, I may be wrong about this ... can someone at Support confirm?

The Knowledge Base says "You can specify how many times you want this coupon to be used by entering a number in the field Usage limit."

But it does not specify if that's the number of times per customer or the number of times in total.

If in total ... that's a real pain. I have a continuous offer of a 10% discount for signing up to the newsletter. If I set the usage to 100 ... I'd have to go and reset it it every 100 signups. A hassle.

Last edited: