Ability for my customers to leave reviews and ...

bski

I would like my customers to be able to review the products on my site directly, and to have the ability to show those instead of the ones from AliExpress. I love the plugin overall, but I do think it looks a little shady for customers to see reviews but not have a way to leave one of their own. I know there are review plugins for WP, but it would be ideal if this feature was integrated into AliDropship so my own customer reviews could be shown in the "reviews" tab on each product page. Thank you and great work!

alioop

Maybe a
leave a review and get a special discount coupon
would be ok

But seeing as how leaving a review may/may not work, having some neg reviews may discourage sales. Of all the dropshipping sites, i've never actually seen one showing real user given reviews

bski

Hmm, that's true. That being the case, then, I would then like the ability to remove EVERYTHING having to do with reviews, including the "98% of buyers enjoyed this product!" by the price. Buyers are just very savvy these days. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that those statistics are coming from somewhere, but it's not from actual customers if THEY (real customers) are not able to contribute to those statistics. In my opinion, more control over the reviews would make this a super solid plugin.

alioop

Savy or not, it actually doesn't make a difference. It's all about the hype. If you're selling tech stuff, sure, you might want to be less "fake", as people will just right click view source / element and guess what, even the best of stores to hide them stuffs, i can instantly and easily search for where the prod is coming from. But even for the best of tech geeks, they're not web developers so they may not even do stuffs like that.

Just understand that buyers are 99% dumb, and you be good to go. :)

If you truly want to hide it, just create a custom css and hide the elements.

bski

I disagree. "Techies" are not the only people on the internet smart enough to notice such a simple thing. I think you underestimate the intelligence of people. I am the model of my perfect customer, and it's the first thing that stood out to me about the site once I realized you could not mix real reviews with the Ali reviews OR make them completely disappear. Literally on my FIRST walk-through of the site once I installed the plugin, I noticed reviews without a way to leave a review. Shady. I am very logic based, and reviews without a way to leave a review is illogical.

Not only that, but there are some fairly sophisticated products on Ali that I would like the option of selling. I'm not going to be able to sell to a sophisticated buyer with a site that is obviously faking reviews (from the user perspective).

Changing CSS is fine short term but it means having to redo changes every time there is an update, which is not sustainable.

Lastly, I just want to point out that this is a 'suggestion forum'... where all ideas for improvement are valid and for the benefit of the developer and his product. Creativity and refinement are good things, especially here. Yaros is obviously a smart guy who can choose to implement ideas or not as he sees fit, but it's a place for his customers' voices to be heard. If you don't support my idea don't give it a like, but critiquing it seems counterproductive. Just my $.02

I'm glad to see active participation in the forums though. Beats the hell out of comments sitting stagnant for weeks! :)

alioop

Welcome to the internet. I won't say more than my previous comment as it has my pov in all valid pointers. To each their own, i suppose. We can sit here arguing about ethics, moral, and buyers IQ level all day and won't get to any sort of conclusion. But since it's an open forum, all ideas whether good or bad will be met with positive or negative.

Being a UX/UI guy, i kinda like to talk about this kinds of topic. Sometimes, it goes out to become like an argument, but i won't call it argument at all. Let's see what other people have to say before i chime in with more.