A complicated Dropshipping business situation

Ashar

Hi there, I have read all the threads regarding tax and business issues and I did find some hints but not a straight forward answer to my confusions. My case is unique and I need a satisfactory answer to the situation.

I am a Pakistani and living and working under an employment contract in Portugal. I have my drop-shipping store (about to start) which I will be running from Portugal. In Portugal if I have an employment contract and I cannot register any business with that (correct me if I am wrong). However I have registered my business in Pakistan. But my PayPal and stripe accounts are associated with my Portuguese bank account (bcz these services are not available in Pakistan). I am selling my products to US customers. Now when I get my earnings in my Paypal, I plan to send them directly to Pakistan in my company's account using Xoom rather than withdrawing to Portuguese bank account. So my confusions are,

1- Is it legal to work in this way, like working as an employee in Portugal, but simultaneously owning and running a webstore with a Pakistan associated own company. It's just as if I have a business in Pakistan. I can have, isn't?
2- Can I use Portugal based Paypal for my earnings to Pakistan based business. (Of course I will be paying my income tax in Pakistan not in Portugal)
3- Do my PayPal earnings can trigger tax authorities in Portugal?
4- I don't need to charge Sales tax on US customers, right?
5- Does it really matter from where the website is run? The company is registered in Pakistan but the website is being run in Portugal.
6- Anything more if you guys can see or advice in this scenario?

I will be grateful for your help, thanks!

chris37

1- Is it legal to work in this way, like working as an employee in Portugal, but simultaneously owning and running a webstore with a Pakistan associated own company. It's just as if I have a business in Pakistan. I can have, isn't?
Nobody stop you can have registered everywhere in the word and running from somewhere else.

2- Can I use Portugal based Paypal for my earnings to Pakistan based business. (Of course I will be paying my income tax in Pakistan not in Portugal)
Yes you can ,but why you pay to Pakistan... you living in Europian country, if I was I was paying in Portugal. (Porugal is the country offer you job and money which you never gonna see in Pakistan )
Please respect this europe country

Do my PayPal earnings can trigger tax authorities in Portugal?
You must ask a Portugal accounted about that.
- I don't need to charge Sales tax on US customers, right?
Is dependenting of the stage They are living your customer

Does it really matter from where the website is run? The company is registered in Pakistan but the website is being run in Portugal.
Is a website... I can be run from everywhere

Anything more if you guys can see or advice in this scenario?
I sent you Private message

Ashar

Hi Chris37

First of all I am very thankful to you for your invaluable time you spent in reading and replying to the thread.

You asked why don't I pay my taxes to Portugal. i'd love to do so. I do respect where ever I live. But in order to do this, I have to register my business in Portugal and there's a technical problem with that. I have applied my residency in Portugal on employment basis. It's already in process. I can not change my status from an employee to an entrepreneur officially. If I do so, I have to resubmit my residency application from the scratch and then it will take years to prove my business strength and get residency on the basis of that. Once I got the residency I'll definitely going to change my status.

uooos

Guys, I'm just starting my business. I have an excellent idea and a small start-up capital. Do you think I should contact an outsourcing company? Do I need call center outsourcing? Many people say that if your business is thriving, then it can be difficult for you to deal with every problem that arises in customer service. Therefore, you must correctly divide the responsibilities, some are better to outsource, others - to perform independently. But I'm just getting started)

Last edited:
Okay, so, firstly and most importantly, I would advise you to ask an expert or a legal worker to ask these questions. You never know what details are being kept, and you don't figure out. Many similar situations made me understand that when we open an online business, we should ask for help from specialized companies such as getparthenon.com. Their job is to know everything about how to build, rule and operate such a company. They can explain everything in detail and make you understand what path you should follow best.

Last edited: