GokuSS
New Member
Back in 2020 when I moved into my new house, I noted that there was water collecting in the middle of the yard. It was 100% dirt at this point and the builder did their own “grading”. Wish I’d known this wasn’t an adequate job, or at least something about yard drainage. They “hand raked” this area and said the problem was solved. Fast forward to early summer and my newly hydroseeded yard was growing great, then we got a downpour, a lake formed at it killed thousands of dollars worth of hydroseed. I spent about 40 hours watching “the French drain man” on YouTube and decided to give it a go. He is about 2 hours away so I bought all my materials from him and the river rock locally. I hired a plumber that does a lot of outdoor sewage pipe installs and he came out and had the trench dug, rock installed and regraded in about 12 hours, sun up to sun down. I have it draining to my drainage ditch by the culdesac and the pipe running into the pipe under my driveway. This part is probably not necessary, but draining to daylight seems like the best way as pop ups etc tend to fail and/or get destroyed mowing. 3 years later there are ZERO drainage issues in my yard. The combination of this along with a healthy yard of fescue has solved the problem. Take a look at the pictures for ideas and feel free to ask questions, but I HIGHLY recommend going down the French drain man rabbit hole on YouTube.