how do I send notifications to customers to inform them of the logistics progress?

The products on AliExpress have been taken down, but I didn't have time to update them. A customer submitted an order for payment, so I found another factory to ship it.

There are several questions:

1. So how do I send notifications to customers to inform them of the logistics progress?
2. If it is a normal order shipped through AliExpress, how does the system automatically send notifications to customers? At which stages will notifications be automatically sent?
3. How will the system notify users? Is it an email? Will the system automatically configure the email server environment?
4. How to determine whether notifications and emails have been successfully sent?

Sergei Alidropship

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

1. After you place an order to Aliexpress you get Order ID in your order's page in website admin area. Some time later, a supplier ships that product and you get an email notification on your email registered in Aliexpress (an account you use to order products). After that you need to click “Get Tracking” button on the order's page in website admin area. That order will get Tracking Number and the notification will be sent to the customer automatically (you can see all the process on your order's page in the bottom).

2, 3. Notifications send automatically. But you need to set a mailing system before. You can find those settings here: for Alidropship Plugin: Alidropship -> Settings -> Notifications. For Alidropship Woo Plugin: Woocommerce -> Email (please, keep in mind that Alidropship don't support Wocommerce's mailing system)

4. After you set the mailing system on your website you can send test notifications to see if they work correctly.