Double checkout

afaceripedia

Hi there,

Right now the only payment method I use on my website is Paypal. The problem is that after my customers enter their shipping address and all the other required information on my checkout page, Paypal asks for the same information all over again on their guest checkout page and I'm sure this is enough reason for some people to cancel the order. That's why I was wondering if there's any way around this, like removing the fields from my checkout page since probably Paypal's checkout page can't be edited. How did you handle this?

Yaros

Staff member
Hi,

If a user already has PayPal account, he does not need to enter his details twice. In case he does not have a PayPal account a user needs to enter his details. I will check how we can avoid it, however I have not seen yet such options on other sites.

The Dropper

If the Customer have already a PayPal account he/she didn't need to enter nything again . If they don't & choose to pay with credit card then What the user enter in PayPal payment page is not the Shipping adress , it is the billing address of the Card & it's required to verify Ownership ..etc .

However PayPal have an Option under the form : " Make this my shipping address too" which is Checked by default . So since they already enter their shipping adress in your Store then it doesn't matter to uncheck it & enter it again .

Last edited:

elikplim442

If the Customer have already a PayPal account he/she didn't need to enter nything again . If they don't & choose to pay with credit card then What the user enter in PayPal payment page is not the Shipping adress , it is the billing address of the Card & it's required to verify Ownership ..etc , However have an Option under the form : " Make this my shipping address too" which is Checked by default . So if they have aother shipping address they just uncheck & enter it . The same like Express Checkout .
That is a good suggestion.

Rechell

Payment option is paypal and it is mentioned you do not need to create paypal account to check out but it is still requiring for the user to create an account to check out. Please advise!