Apps with OCR and a clean UI?

EdnaW

Hi, I'm about to update the internal process we follow daily at the office (I work at a digital marketing agency) since the team has had several new members join lately. So, there are dozens of SOPs and personnel documentation that need to be reviewed and better organized. Some of them we should also scan and preserve as PDFs (company policy), I guess the higher-ups like to keep an eye on the most essential files that way. Hence - I need an app that can find a given PDF just by keywords alone, and also have version control, as we don't want to give full access to all files to all members, obviously...

Other aspects I'm looking for in such software: quick installation, quick Windows integration, logical and easy-to-discern interface, and yeah - a fair asking price, we tried some free ones before, but they didn't cut it...

Thanks!

leafsweetrolls

I think most of the popular office software come with those features, like Office 365, FileCenter, M-Files... Also, perhaps some of the project management apps like Monday and Asana will come in handy as well? Either way, since you mentioned a team you'd answer to, I'd say you should look for software with a free trial, just so everyone gets enough time to get familiar with the system. From my experience, things like losing track of which document holds all of the other edits made up to that point are a known issue... But it might be due to how some of us work remotely, so we do not get to work in unison on each task. More often than not, when one member starts their workday, another one's ends, so mistakes can slip through the cracks. Luckily, DMS tools like those I mentioned mitigate a lot of those dangers, assuming everyone knows what they're doing

Last edited:

EdnaW

Oh, I forgot, that we got people who work from home as well, thanks for reminding me! We do use Asana, but we also need a broader framework, hence this thread. I appreciate the practical insight you shared, those pain points are definitely something to keep in mind. Will look into those recommendations over the weekend, thanks!

echloe

Hi, I'm about to update the internal process we follow daily at the office (I work at a digital marketing agency) since the team has had several new members join lately. So, there are dozens of SOPs and personnel documentation that need to be reviewed and better organized. Some of them we should also scan and preserve as PDFs (company policy), I guess the higher-ups like to keep an eye on the most essential files that way. Hence - I need an app that can find a given PDF just by keywords alone, and also have version control, as we don't want to give full access to all files to all members, obviously...

Other aspects I'm looking for in such software: quick installation, quick Windows integration, logical and easy-to-discern interface, and yeah - a fair asking price, we tried some free ones before, but they didn't cut it...

Thanks! Discover your ideal home in the picturesque Metn district with a variety of Houses for sale in Metn.
consider using software like Adobe Acrobat Pro or Foxit PhantomPDF. They offer robust PDF management with keyword search, version control, and user permissions. While they come at a cost, their features and usability make them a worthwhile investment for your digital marketing agency.

ayanosasaki

I had a similar need at my workplace for organizing and scanning documents efficiently. We needed something that could accurately recognize text in various documents, making them searchable by keywords and manageable in terms of access control. We discovered that while many apps offer OCR capabilities, not all are created equal, especially when it comes to accuracy and integration features.

For us, finding a solution that offered high OCR accuracy across different languages and document types was crucial. That's where advanced solutions like Identity Verification services come into play, offering top-notch OCR capabilities. These services use sophisticated technology to ensure precise data capture from documents, which can be a game-changer for businesses needing reliable document scanning and management. Such technology not only streamlines the process of managing digital documents but also ensures the data is accurately captured and stored, making it easily retrievable whenever needed.

Last edited:

AvaVillegas

Finding the right project management software tailored to signwriting can be a challenge, but don't worry, you're not alone! I once found myself in a similar situation, searching for a tool that fit my niche perfectly. Have you considered exploring ERP CRM systems? They offer comprehensive solutions that could streamline your signwriting projects seamlessly.

Last edited: