Your Facebook Ads experiences?

chrishurts

Hello everyone! :)

I am totally new in this and would like to get some advice from more experienced AliDropshippers, if anyone is willing to help a fellow Dropshipper.

My wifey and I just opened our first Alidropship store two days ago and started our first few Ads campaigns on Facebook Business Manager. Our store sells mostly clothing for babies, toddlers, and kids, but also some decoration for children's rooms and similar products.

We did our targeting on Facebook Ads (I have some experience with that, but not with this kind of ads), so I'd like to know what do you suggest generally? For example, would you target by interests widely (30-40 or more interests related to children's clothing) or narrow (fewer interests)?

We set up our first campaigns each with 4 products and now we're watching what's happening. After two days, we see that some ads perform much better and have many more clicks than others. We plan to turn off ads with little clicks and change them with other ads, of course.

Also, do you think it's OK to have 469 clicks on ads (with prices from $0.001 to $0.05), but still no sales (to be honest, we have one "Abandoned Cart" so far)?

In your experience, are there any types of ads that perform better (for example, only FB / IG stories, or only FB/IG feeds, or advertise more on Instagram than Facebook, or equally on both platforms)?

Any advice will be much, much appreciated. :D

Thank you so much,
Chris

Cowtown

I am not going to lie, I had a quite bad Facebook experience, because of the ads. I even stopped using social media for a while. But I understood that I have to do something because I can't live without using social media. I tried a tool that I've found on https://www.lupagedigital.com/blog/facebook-ads-to-google-sheets/, and I can tell you that it helped. So now I can use Facebook, and other social media apps like normal people. By the way, in case you are experiencing the same as I had, you can try the tool.
Interesting.

EdnaW

Hi @chrishurts ! A little late to the thread, but hopefully you still get to see this.

What are your analytics looking like if you only have one abandoned cart? When do these people actually leave your website? What is the average time spent of each person on your website?

Honestly, if you're serious about competing in the children's clothing industry, I'd go wide in casting your interests for the ads. The mom-market is where your sales / potential conversions will be bleeding through. (Pro tip: mommies spend a lot of time on Facebook pages that only posts videos, blogs, and Facebook groups!)

Facebook is really really expensive though, which is why I tend to lean more towards other social media sites. Of course, this still highly depends on your preference. I do implore you to explore Facebook alternatives like Tiktok and Reddit–you'd be surprised how significantly cheaper these ones are and how they can be as effective when done properly.

If you're interested, here's a list of Facebook Ad alternatives I found on Google that can help you break away from Facebook–a data-mining website hidden under the guise of being known as a 'social media platform'. ;)