Why ALIEXPRESS SELLERS ARE BEING GREEDY ?!!!!!!!!

pouria

Like Seriously?!!!!!
I know dropshiping is not like before and you have to be creative and all those BS stuff. but comon!!! WHY YOU PEOPLE ARE SELLING HIGH?!!!!!!!!

I have been annoyed by this since day 1 :mad: and then this time i saw this cute product and just though of checking it with a local website and the price is freaking ridiculous ... I chose both the cheapest product from each website

BELOVED ALIEXPRESS
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 9.31.42 PM.png

and This is from Shopee Website:

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 9.31.26 PM.png

the second photo prices are in MYR, which is 1USD = 4.10 MYR !!!!do the math yourself!

More, some of them even are in Ebay and Amazon selling with 20,30 cent markup!!!CRAZY!
they say they have over million products but when i search for something cool and trendy 1out of 10 can be found there!!!!!

I am sure some of you dropshiper guys are aware of this stupidity of Aliexpress! but any alternative?
do these seller even give a S**t about it?

denicocc

I noticed that too, the price difference is huge. Same item with cheaper option found on Shoppe, Lazada, Wish, Geek etc. :)

Yaros

Staff member
Like Seriously?!!!!!
I know dropshiping is not like before and you have to be creative and all those BS stuff. but comon!!! WHY YOU PEOPLE ARE SELLING HIGH?!!!!!!!!

I have been annoyed by this since day 1 :mad: and then this time i saw this cute product and just though of checking it with a local website and the price is freaking ridiculous ... I chose both the cheapest product from each website

BELOVED ALIEXPRESS
View attachment 5377

and This is from Shopee Website:

View attachment 5378

the second photo prices are in MYR, which is 1USD = 4.10 MYR !!!!do the math yourself!

More, some of them even are in Ebay and Amazon selling with 20,30 cent markup!!!CRAZY!
they say they have over million products but when i search for something cool and trendy 1out of 10 can be found there!!!!!

I am sure some of you dropshiper guys are aware of this stupidity of Aliexpress! but any alternative?
do these seller even give a S**t about it?
Don't consider these Brands Shopping Week sales products. These prices are not adequate. Many AliExpress sellers are used to increase prices dramatically before any huge sales event. It is just a catch. Let's say, I am Aliexpress seller and selling an item with $2 price. Several days before a sales event, I am increasing the price making it $4 and tell my potential customers that during an upcoming event I will give you 50% OFF and a price of $2 only!

pouria

Don't consider these Brands Shopping Week sales products. These prices are not adequate. Many AliExpress sellers are used to increase prices dramatically before any huge sales event. It is just a catch. Let's say, I am Aliexpress seller and selling an item with $2 price. Several days before a sales event, I am increasing the price making it $4 and tell my potential customers that during an upcoming event I will give you 50% OFF and a price of $2 only!
that's make sense but the problem is that it's annoying when i can see even people without any sales and recently open their account in those marketplaces are still selling cheaper or at least at our costs...I have been checking on and off a lot, to see the prices and 100% of the times what i find on Aliexpress is way higher. but nevertheless, thank you for care to explain :)

Charles Luck

Unfortunately, many folks who use AliExpress as a product source, seem to forget that AliExpress is a retail venue.
For the Chinese sellers on AliExpress, dropshipping simply means that the bill-to and ship-to address will be different.
As far as they are concerned, you, the "dropshipper", are nothing more than just another retail customer.

If you want to use a retail venue as a product source; bear in mind that you are engaging in retail arbitrage and your profitability will be dependent on your ability to adjust your prices in real-time, in conjunction with the price fluctuations of your supplier. That, and real-time stock status are the two most important features of the Alidropship plugin.

For more predictable profits, stock up on products when the price is low, and ship from your stocks when the price is high. Of course that's not dropshipping. With dropshipping/arbitraging , it is very difficult to make sourcing decisions, concerning what to sell, based on sale prices or short term discounts from a retail source.

Bear in mind that many of these AliExpress sellers are nothing more than Chinese mall rats sitting in a kiosk inside of a plaza and competing for customers with dozens of other sellers, selling the same products. They are brutal competitors and good at it. They study the rules of the online venues (Amazon and Ebay) and then use the rules against us in ways that are difficult to defend against. What goes on behind the scenes among Amazon FBA sellers will leave you disgusted. Both Amazon and Ebay have Chinese platforms for Chinese sellers, but no rules to prevent them from selling in the U.S. platform directly.

Here is a compelling argument for going it alone, and a very interesting article on the Verge.

I have noticed that products being sold on eBay are cheaper than AliExpress. More and more, Chinese sellers have learned that selling direct to the American market on venues such as eBay and Amazon FBA is more profitable for them, than selling to you. Why should you sell their goods for 200% to 1000% more. There is nothing stopping them from infiltrating your online marketplaces.

But first, they must put you out of business. So, they sell on Amazon/eBay for prices equal to or even lower than what they get on their Chinese venues. Two things happen when they do this. The American consumer gets used to waiting for the longer shipping, the listings clearly state that the item ships from China; at prices much less than buying from domestic sellers. And... they are willing to forego higher profits in the short term, as long as it leads to driving domestic sellers out of business! Once domestic sellers are no longer able to continue, the Chinese can sell their goods for much higher prices.

The good thing about the Alidropship business model is that you are not competing with Chinese sellers on the same venue; the sight is yours and you must drive your own traffic. But there is a con, they know what you're doing, and can price you right out of business. They are not all as greedy, but enough of them such that finding products that not only sell well, but are priced low enough is becoming much more difficult.

That is where we're heading.

Last edited: