Which Woocommerce plugin do I install?

opengirl

So... I'm jumping in, even though I'm terrified of paypal, I've signed up for a business account, and I'm ready to go. I downloaded the plugin and went to activate and finally go live, but... I didn't realize woocommerce wasn't installed. (I paid alidropship to make the website for me, I kind of assumed they would do that... this is my first 'real' website so, I'm a complete newbie... which is why I'm asking this super basic question). I looked up woocommerce plugins, and there were a couple. One that is specifically for paypal, but... it only has a 3 star rating - which makes me wonder if it's legit -- whereas the plain woocommerce app is highly rated...

So yeah, super basic question, I know, but which one is it that I need?

opengirl

PayPal is the quickest for a payment gateway, yet you are terrified. If you are terrified, don't use it.
I have to, I was rejected by 2checkout (don't know why), and can't use Stripe because of where I live. So paypal is what I have to use.

Can you answer the question I asked?

Lika

Staff member
I didn't realize woocommerce wasn't installed. (I paid alidropship to make the website for me, I kind of assumed they would do that...

Could you please check what version of Alidropship plugin do you have installed? Is it Alidropship or Alidropship Woo? It is likely that you have the original version installed for you (which is not compatible with Woocommerce) and the original version does not require plugins to set up Paypal, you set it in Alidropship->Settings->Payments following the guide https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2871392-connecting-paypal-account

If you have Woo version, many customers use PayPal Plus for Woocommecre or Braintree plugin for Paypal.