Which product info can be edited + Default dropshipping address

babbac

Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. Which product information can be edited, once I have imported the products from AliExpress into WooCommerce? Eg. with Shopify, one couldn't change SKU because it would "unlink" the product from AliExpress. How does this work on with AliExpress Woo?

2. Is there a way I could set up all the purchased dropshipping items to be shipped directly to our store, as opposed to the address a customer specifies? Perhaps setting up a default dropshipping address somehow? Any ideas how to make this work are appreciated.

Thanks!

Alec

For question #1 From what I have seen I think.

All products are linked to a specific attribute line item for updates via "variations". You can not remove that linked attribute/variation since that is how it knows what to update for price and inventory, but you can edit the content text of it. For example, change item number "123" to a color "blue". If there is only one item on the page, you can remove the line item attribute and it will still work, I think. Easy just to set it as default, and update name of it so customer does not have to "choose" it as option during add to cart.

If you find another store that offers the same item/s and you want to update your listing you can change that by going into "supplier info" tab. Change the product url and remove other old store info. Reset product. This will import the new store info and change all linked "variations" to the new store and remove the old linked variations, while leaving the rest of the attributes unchanged. You will need to edit the variation words to reflect what you want for them. But all images and title and description will remain unchanged.

Not sure about #2.

Hope this helps.

Mar

Is there a way I could set up all the purchased dropshipping items to be shipped directly to our store, as opposed to the address a customer specifies? Perhaps setting up a default dropshipping address somehow? Any ideas how to make this work are appreciated.
During the auto order, you use your address instead of the buyer's as the delivery address.