What to Do with First Orders

King Lion

Just a clarification, what to do with my first orders from my first customers? After transferring the order to Aliexpress, how will I pay Aliexpress? Should I use my own fund or After the customer pay me, then that is the time I transfer the order to aliexpress? Can someone share a step by step process regarding first orders from first customers..
Thanks in advance

Direct Webstore

You have to pay for the order yourself and get the money from the customer later. It's the only way. Shipping times are already long enough. You can't add on EXTRA waiting time waiting for the customers funds. They will never come back!

Bottom line ... you need to have a couple of hundred dollars at your disposal when you first start up.

:)

Jefri

Hm... I think:

(1) Buyer should pay you first. Do not purchase from Aliexpress before you receive fund from buyer. Or you'll receive nothing.
(2) After received payment from buyer, check your PayPal account to make sure that fund has enter your account.
(3) After check your PayPal, make an order to your Supplier.

Direct Webstore

Buyer should pay you first. Do not purchase from Aliexpress before you receive fund from buyer. Or you'll receive nothing.

Terrible business ethic. If you force customers to wait extra ... your store will fail. They actually DO PAY YOU FIRST, it just takes a week or 2 for you to get it. Simple as that. Remember the old saying "You have to SPEND money to MAKE money. Once they have ordered ... the money is pretty much guaranteed to be credited to you. If you are not prepared to invest a little money to get started ... you will never start.

But up to you.

Good luck ... you're going to need it if you insist on that approach. Every other store owner accepts this as standard procedure.

Johnny Hook

Terrible business ethic. If you force customers to wait extra ... your store will fail. They actually DO PAY YOU FIRST, it just takes a week or 2 for you to get it. Simple as that. Remember the old saying "You have to SPEND money to MAKE money. Once they have ordered ... the money is pretty much guaranteed to be credited to you. If you are not prepared to invest a little money to get started ... you will never start.

But up to you.

Good luck ... you're going to need it if you insist on that approach. Every other store owner accepts this as standard procedure.

Hi Direct Webstore,
Can you explain more detailed please?

1. If customer choose a product from my website, he adds to cart and pay immediately? - I'm right?
2. When I see his payment on my paypal account or other payment gateway - I will buy that product from Ali...from my pocket? Is that true?

So if the buyer is not buying anything, how can I place the order and to buy that product?

I'm confused. :confused::confused::confused:
Can you share please more details about it?

Or you mean that you should not wait when the funds will be transferred for example from paypal or other payment gateway to your credit/debit?

If about this you are talking, I'm absolutely agree with you.
Thanks.

Direct Webstore

1. You HAVE TO pay the Aliexpress seller via Credit / Debit card. It's only way.

2. If a customer pays via Paypal ... you have to transfer the money to your bank to pay the Aliexpress seller. That can take up to a week. You can't pay the Aliexpress seller with Paypal.

3. If a customer pays by credit card ... it will take up to a week for the funds to be transferred to your bank account by the credit card processor.

Either way ... you do not get access to the funds for up to a week.

You can not expect the customer to wait an additional week. The shipping times are already slow enough. The customer may not come back and/or will be sending you lots of emails complaining about the waiting time.

Because of this ... you need to have a couple of hundred dollars in your bank account when you first start so you can process the orders IMMEDIATELY.

If don't process orders immediately and force customers to wait an extra week ... you will lose customers and your web store may fail.

But that's totally up to you. If you want to make customers wait extra and piss them off, do that. My advice is NOT to do that and save/beg/borrow or steal a couple of hundred dollars to start you off.

Direct Webstore

The only thing that I regret is that I worked so much to import about 200 products with alidropship...
Many CMSs like Drupal and Joomla etc have "Migration scripts" to move data between different platforms ... maybe someday someone will write one to migrate data between the standard Alidropship plugin and WooCommerce. :)