What I should do with this situation?

MonkeyK

According to best strategy, my webstore should provide free shipping worldwide sercvices with all my customers no matter where he/she live, right? . So if I import this product to my webstore. https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32610521436.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.5b56fca0aWAOqC#autostay
AliEpresd has the free shipping ePacket to deliver it to USA, Canada, UK, Australia etc. but will charge $102.9 if deliver it to Brazil because no free shipping option available for Brazil. So how do I deal this kind of trouble?
Hope somebody can light up. Thanks a lot.

MonkeyK

According to best strategy, my webstore should provide free shipping worldwide sercvices with all my customers no matter where he/she live, right? . So if I import this product to my webstore. https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32610521436.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.5b56fca0aWAOqC#autostay
AliEpresd has the free shipping ePacket to deliver it to USA, Canada, UK, Australia etc. but will charge $102.9 if deliver it to Brazil because no free shipping option available for Brazil. So how do I deal this kind of trouble?
Hope somebody can light up. Thanks a lot.

MonkeyK

The original version plugin provides any kind of settings to let the Brazil customer know free shipping NOT available to Brazil. Does anybody get the same issue like this? Really hope somebody to suggest a way to fix it. Thanks buddy.

jubran

Yes, find another supplier or direct message this seller and ask him for delivery options to Brazil.

jubran

Let me know if you got a solution :) Interesting if every seller can find a solution for shipping

MonkeyK

Here is the answers from AliDropship customer service about my concerns:
For options (free/saving/standard/fastest) are not based on different countries/areas.
So, you can calculate the average shipping cost you’ll need to pay at AliExpress when shipping to preferred destinations and add this cost to the product price or as a shipping cost.
For items which have free shipping option for particular countries and are very expensive for some other destination – there is no universal solution.
You may decide not to take orders from particular countries with expensive shipping cost.
You may add an average shipping cost to the product price or set shipping cost for the product.

Obviously, AliDropship plugin should add some features to deal with this kind of situation which allows store owner to set up shipping policy not only on specific products, but also on specific countries or areas, otherwise if your customers have placed his/her orders on your web store, then later on you found AliExpress will charge a crazy expensive shipping fee on it, you and your customers will become crazy too. Or at least, there is a way to remind the customer, if order this product and ship to that place will cost the big money.
Welcome more thoughts and solutions to fix this issue.:)

Direct Webstore

I'm now going to Aliexpress and systematically select EVERY country on the list with random products and free shipping selected ... and any countries that bring up shipping charges are getting blocked.

EDIT: After starting to do the above, I discovered that I could not find another product with "Free Shipping" where Brazil (Or other countries) were excluded from free shipping. It seems that your example above is just a fluke/freak occurrence. So I have now changed my strategy.

So how do I deal this kind of trouble?

In the extremely rare situation that ever happens ... I will simply remove the product, then write to the customer and explain the item is no longer in stock. I would also offer them credit (with the money they have already paid) PLUS a discount code on another product of their choosing with a refund of any left over balance ... or just a full refund. Simple. :)

Last edited:

MonkeyK

Yeah, I am wondering why I am so lucky and just pick a product randomly and get this trouble.:) I think we may find a better way to remind customer before he/she place the order, then you are be able to avoid a lots of extra efforts and energies later once it actually happened. Also put this way, it will reduce the negative impression of customer to as lower as possible. I believe it's good for most shipping destinations except for some southern america countries, maybe they are too far away from China and very few delivery company running business between these two areas. Because only one company do the business, so you have no choice and must pay much high cost.

Direct Webstore

then you are be able to avoid a lots of extra efforts and energies

Because this would be a VERY RARE occurrence ... I doubt "lots of extra efforts" would be involved. I'm choosing not to worry about it and concentrate on other more important things. :)

MonkeyK

Well. Hopefully none of us get this weird issue again, especially pray for our customer won't get this trouble as well in the future. Big thanks to everyone for your valuable suggestions and thoughts. All of us keep trying to serve our customers better and better.:D