What email to use for paypal setup?

donio

In terms of setting up a business account with paypal, what is the recommended way? Use your own personal email and setup a business account or email id from your domain to setup the account? i.e. admin@yourdomain.com?

Mar

In terms of setting up a business account with paypal, what is the recommended way? Use your own personal email and setup a business account or email id from your domain to setup the account? i.e. admin@yourdomain.com?
I am not sure if a web mail address is possible. The email address will be the Paypal account username. When you create an email address, it will go into a process to make sure the email address is available, meaning no duplicate.

That is why normally a personal email address is required by Paypal. Also, at some point, Paypal will require you to attach a bank account or a credit card to verify your person. Again, when you open a bank account, the bank will require valid documents that will verify your identity, that is why Paypal will accept bank account as a verification, same as a credit card. Also, you will need a bank account attached to transfer funds from Paypal.

If you ask for recommendation, use your personal email. If you have an existing personal Paypal account, better just convert it to Paypal Business account.

donio

I am not sure if a web mail address is possible. ...
If you ask for recommendation, use your personal email. If you have an existing personal Paypal account, better just convert it to Paypal Business account.
Thank you so much for the response I was starting to think that you'd need an account connected to an identity. I wanted to keep my existing paypal for personal use and create a new one which i'll see if it's worthwhile otherwise just have to convert my personal to a business one. Thanks again :)