Understanding Attributes

When importing items, do we need to keep all of the random (not size or colour) attributes listed? What are the implications if I delete these? I did a search in the knowledge base and got no results for this and I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the tutorials on importing or editing products.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
When importing items, do we need to keep all of the random (not size or colour) attributes listed? What are the implications if I delete these? I did a search in the knowledge base and got no results for this and I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the tutorials on importing or editing products.
You can't delete the whole attribute Color for example, because plugin will not be able to update such product.

Sorry, my mistake. In Aliexpress it shows up as Item Specifics but in Wordpress, on my product page (dashboard), it shows up under attributes.

Anyhow my question is, for these line items, can I delete and edit as I see fit and are there any implications later for doing this?

Attachments

• item specs.jpeg
    item specs.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 11

wincult

You can't delete the whole attribute Color for example, because plugin will not be able to update such product.
I think you mean Variation as not for delete. Product Attributes are informational entries, which go to "Item specifics", and I think you can delete them without any consequences, or you can turn off showing Item specifics tab.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I think you mean Variation as not for delete. Product Attributes are informational entries, which go to "Item specifics", and I think you can delete them without any consequences, or you can turn off showing Item specifics tab.
No, I mean attribute! you can delete variation 'S' from attribute 'Size' - it will not influence anything, but you can't delete attribute 'Size" , because product will not be updated .

wincult

I was refering to Attributes in the older plugin version. Now I updated plugin and see that the former Attributes are refered as Item Specifics (what is actually correct) :)
So, you are right, Victoria.

4RCC

No, I mean attribute! you can delete variation 'S' from attribute 'Size' - it will not influence anything, but you can't delete attribute 'Size" , because product will not be updated .

Hi Victoria, like to jump into this old thread because the topic describes the Problem we faced i.e. we have deleted the Attribute of "Size & Color" in some products !! because the Size & Color are uploaded into together with some foreign/un-known Language, and so thought we can delete the whole attribute in Size & Color and re-build them ?!

We found (as you said) it can not be done! but it is too late now. what can be done if we like to keep these Products in our Store and Sell ? can can we re-import this product again from the same Store ( if so, how can it be done)?

Look to hear advice from your side u soon ASAP. Urgent & Thanks

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria, like to jump into this old thread because the topic describes the Problem we faced i.e. we have deleted the Attribute of "Size & Color" in some products !! because the Size & Color are uploaded into together with some foreign/un-known Language, and so thought we can delete the whole attribute in Size & Color and re-build them ?!

We found (as you said) it can not be done! but it is too late now. what can be done if we like to keep these Products in our Store and Sell ? can can we re-import this product again from the same Store ( if so, how can it be done)?

Look to hear advice from your side u soon ASAP. Urgent & Thanks
Hello, you can keep them, but please remember that they won't be updated properly.

Or, you can delete such products , empty the trash, and import them again.

4RCC

Thanks ! also find the attached is very helpful i.e. restore the whole attribute all over again in Supplier's section too.
So share to here too.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-01-18 055612.png
    Annotation 2020-01-18 055612.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 10