Unable to update SR plugin

RobynM

Hi,
I am trying to update my Social Rabbit plugin. There seems to be a problem with the PHP version.
I am running Ver 7.0
However when I try to update SR, it wouldn't update automatically, so I went to the page to download manually.
There isn't a Ver 7.0. Only 7.1 or 7.2
So I went back to my website Control Panel and changed my PHP version to 7.1
My site crashed.
I changed it back, and reinstated my site.
I then changed it to 7.2
My site crashed again.
So, I'm back at 7.0 with my site reinstated, but no Social Rabbit for 7.0
What to do now???
I am running the Original Alidropship plugin with the Rembrandt theme.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Direct Webstore

PHP 7.0 is no longer supported.

The reason your site crashed is because you also needed to change the Alidropship plugin to 7.1 as well.

But seeing as your site has 7.2 available, forget 7.1 and use 7.2

You should change your site to 7.2 and download the 7.2+ Social Rabbit plugin AND the Alidropship 7.2+ plugin. Plus any other Alidropship based plugins you have like Recent Sale Popup, Customer Gallery etc etc.

So do this while your site is set to 7.0....

1. Deactivate/Delete all Alidropship based plugins (Alidropship, Social Rabbit, Recent Sales popup, Customer Gallery etc etc)

2. Change your site to 7.2 via cPanel

3. Download all the 7.2+ plugins https://alidropship.com/updates-plugin/ and https://alidropship.com/addons/

4. Upload/activate.

5. Done!

NOTE: None of your settings will be lost as they are all stored in the database.

;)

Last edited:

RobynM

@Direct Webstore

This won't affect all the products I have in my store???

OK ... I did this.

Still getting the same error message ...

"Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress."

Blank page with anything other than 7.0

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

This won't affect all the products I have in my store???
No

Are you sure the site was set to 7.2 and ALL your Ali based plugins were 7.2+?

You could try the same but with 7.1 Site and plugins.

It's really hard to diagnose without looking at it.

It may be an ioncube issue, but I'd call that a "PHP extension". Seeing as it does not state what the extension is ... you better write to your host's support.

And if they fail ... write to support@alidropship.com

RobynM

@Direct Webstore ...
This was their response.

"Typically, this isn't something which would need to be fixed. The mysqli extension is enabled by default in cPanel, however, for some reason, it had been disabled on your account. All that was required to fix it was loading the default module set. I did this by using the "Select PHP Version" section of cPanel. This can be accessed by following the guide I've provided below. From here, I simply clicked the "Use Defaults" button. If you're curious how I was able to see the error message instead of the 500 error, this is all Wordpress functionality. Within the file "wp-config.php" there is a line which looks like this:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

I simply changes the "false" to "true" and saved the file. This enables Wordpress to catch the error first, and print the error message to the browser window, instead of displaying the ever unhelpful "error 500". From here, I saw the below message along with a stack trace.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/babytopi/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php

This is how I knew that there was no mysql extensions enabled. From here, it was a short leap to log into cPanel and enable msqli, the recommended mysql handler for modern PHP implementations. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

"Select PHP Version": https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/cpanel...services/php-version#Changing-the-PHP-version"

I doubt I would have been able to fix that myself ! ;)

Enjoy the rest of your ANZAC Day !

Cheers
RobynM