Tracking number in completed order email

chazm

Hi there,

I have "Order shipped notification" option is turned off and it works fine, however it still sends tracking number when I complete an order. It just inserts the tracking number to the email text. Is there any way to remove it for completed orders emails? Like edit a template or something?

I have attached a screenshot of the part of completed order email.

Attachments

• shot_171110_135844.png
    shot_171110_135844.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 63

Monty

Yes, I am interested too.
How can we edit and change the "Tracking ID" text for the aliwoo plugin ?
Or remove it if we do not want it in the email notification ?
Where is the snippet you use ?

Monty

Thanks, I hope in the next release :)
Just one field in alidrop option and on/off button will be top.

sirandrei

Hi!
Regarding to this, I have a question: the tracking ID will be collected automatically in the backgroud ? Or shoud I have wp-admin open in browser and be logged in aliexpress account?
And another issue, discussed before is that Woo pluging sends the notification with tracking ID to the customer, but do not set the order to "complete".
When set manually the order to complete the same ntotification is sent to the customer.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi!
Regarding to this, I have a question: the tracking ID will be collected automatically in the backgroud ? Or shoud I have wp-admin open in browser and be logged in aliexpress account?
And another issue, discussed before is that Woo pluging sends the notification with tracking ID to the customer, but do not set the order to "complete".
When set manually the order to complete the same ntotification is sent to the customer.

Tracking IDs are collected by cron, so you need to have wp-admin open in browser and be logged in aliexpress account?

tekraid

is it possible for ALIWOO to automatically fetch this information in the background without having to keep aliexpress open?

chazm

Hey guys, Why don't you want tracking id in the completed notification? Just curious.
because parcel can sit in China for ages and this is not what customers want to see they become angry and you have no arguments because he/she can see the parcel is not moving and stuck in China, but in reality it could already arrive at destination country, so it easier to do customer service when they don't know tracking number. you can always send it manually when needed (or you think it's appropriate). This option has to be in the settings at lease to have a choice.

Monty

I completly agree with you, we need more options to handle the tracking numbers.

At least :
  • Change the title in the email "Tracking ID"
  • Change the tracking provider
  • On / off tracking number in email

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I completly agree with you, we need more options to handle the tracking numbers.

At least :
  • Change the title in the email "Tracking ID"
  • Change the tracking provider
  • On / off tracking number in email
You can change title in the email "Tracking ID" in a template

upload_2017-12-14_17-24-47.png

As for other features I will discuss them with developers.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Yes but for the aliwoo plug in ?
  • Change the title in the email "Tracking ID" - this is WooCommerce standard option, you can find in WooCommerce docs how to do that
  • Change the tracking provider - it is available in AliDropship woo general settings
  • On / off tracking number in email - it will be available with the next update

Monty

For the tracking provider, I would like to add my own Url because the trackers inside aliwoo are not easy to use for my french customers.
How can I do that ?
Thanks.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
For the tracking provider, I would like to add my own Url because the trackers inside aliwoo are not easy to use for my french customers.
How can I do that ?
Thanks.
You can do this by yourself. This is a standard WooCommerce options, this is not something that depends on our plugin.