Tracking ID - shipping workflow idea

Proposed workflow for shipping tracking

First, Yaros and Team have done a spectacular job on the AliDS Woo plugin.

Taking the new retrieve tracking ID function recently implement in ver 0.6 plus some of the custom stuff I have been working on, in an attempt to further the automation, I would suggest the following:

1. Place order automatically at aliexpress.

2. once order is complete, you would copy the order id for each product back into woocommerce order.

3. change status of order to completed, sending customer an email of completed order.

4. once every 12/24 hours at time of last save, alidswoo would query aliexpress to see if a tracking id has been added.

5. it retrieves the tracking id, placing it into the order automatically.

6. once all the product tracking ids have been added to the order: it would automatically change the status of the order to ‘shipped’ in woocommerce.

-a method similar to: https://wisdmlabs.com/blog/add-shipped-order-status-woocommerce/

7. on status change to shipped, woocommerce would auto fire an email to customer using a custom template that can be easily modified.

-allowing for customization and further product propaganda - more sales!

8. and the tracking info is auto added to the customer order page. /view-order template from the my-accounts page.

That would be a way to never have to deal with tracking info again. Everything you do is on the front end when the order is placed and the the system takes care of the rest.

Let me know what you think?

Thanx for listening :D

Grant

I would also love this feature!

This, coupled with the ability to Bulk place orders would be great for automation and allow scaling.

A way to then sync the tracking numbers with something like AfterShip as they come in would be great!

What are the odds of something like this? :)