The New Image Edition Feature Bug

jubran

Editing the picture and saving it while I press edit and go to the VARIATIONS doesn't work. However, for other images in the text or gallery, they work fine.

jubran

I am and one more thing that I am encountering is when I import a product, it uploads the images twice so each image get's uploaded twice. And no I don't have any variation. But when I delete all gallery, nothing is uploaded so it's fine but if there is any image in the gallery, it get's uploaded twice which is weird and resource consuming.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I am and one more thing that I am encountering is when I import a product, it uploads the images twice so each image get's uploaded twice. And no I don't have any variation. But when I delete all gallery, nothing is uploaded so it's fine but if there is any image in the gallery, it get's uploaded twice which is weird and resource consuming.
I checked on my end - I have 2 similar images when they have different names , but used for different purposes: for featured image and for variation.

jubran

Yes that is what I am facing, I don't have any variation and it uploads 2 images so why would the variation image be uploaded if I delete the variation? Any possible fix for that soon?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Yes that is what I am facing, I don't have any variation and it uploads 2 images so why would the variation image be uploaded if I delete the variation? Any possible fix for that soon?
We will have a closer look with developers regarding this issue.

Last edited:
The image editor is great stuff. Makes things look better fast.

But it doesn't always work. Some days it works fine. Others the image doesn't get changed after you exit the editor. Sometimes it ends up changing the wrong image, so you end up with a duplicate in your Gallery.

Often it works nicely all day ...

Thanks for all your hard work!

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

The image editor is great stuff. Makes things look better fast.

But it doesn't always work. Some days it works fine. Others the image doesn't get changed after you exit the editor. Sometimes it ends up changing the wrong image, so you end up with a duplicate in your Gallery.

Often it works nicely all day ...

Thanks for all your hard work!
Could you please tell me if this problem depends on the particular type of image you edit (featured image, variation image, etc)?

Thanks Ekaterina,

No it seems to happen in each of those positions from time to time. I've tried restarting Chrome (this is on Ubuntu Linux), but it doesn't seem to help.

I also find that the Chrome extension will sometimes get wedged on sending edit changes to the server. The airplanes keep going across the screen forever. No amount of restarts seem to help. I end up sending everything to Wordpress for editing.

I'm not keeping sufficient notes. I'll try to do better. So much to do! :)

Thanks for all you do!

A little more information. The image editor just wedged on me again. While writing out after Save. (Airplanes across the screen forever ...) Had to do a refresh on the page, which Chrome didn't like. Said it couldn't connect with my server anymore ... no matter what I did. Not in different windows either. Or using the IP address for my site. Other sites still okay. Was complaining about SSL related stuff. Had to restart Chrome.

So I had a product with 7 variations that I wanted to do small edits on the images. When I got to the third image it would wedge. No problems if I Save Changes at the Variation level after each edit. That seems to be a solid workaround so far.

Perhaps something's not getting initialized on successive times through the editor.

I think I've experienced problems editing just one image in a gallery before. So this multi-image scenario probably isn't definitive. Still seems like initialization.

Hope that helps.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

A little more information. The image editor just wedged on me again. While writing out after Save. (Airplanes across the screen forever ...) Had to do a refresh on the page, which Chrome didn't like. Said it couldn't connect with my server anymore ... no matter what I did. Not in different windows either. Or using the IP address for my site. Other sites still okay. Was complaining about SSL related stuff. Had to restart Chrome.

So I had a product with 7 variations that I wanted to do small edits on the images. When I got to the third image it would wedge. No problems if I Save Changes at the Variation level after each edit. That seems to be a solid workaround so far.

Perhaps something's not getting initialized on successive times through the editor.

I think I've experienced problems editing just one image in a gallery before. So this multi-image scenario probably isn't definitive. Still seems like initialization.

Hope that helps.
Please pm me your WP access details, we will look into the issue.