Technical Question about Variations

nenene

So I renamed the Aliexpress imported variations, and when auto-completing orders it doesn't recognize them.
Will renaming them again to match the Aliexpress variations make it work again or is it more complex?

Thank you :)

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
So I renamed the Aliexpress imported variations, and when auto-completing orders it doesn't recognize them.
Will renaming them again to match the Aliexpress variations make it work again or is it more complex?

Thank you :)
Hello,

I would recommend that you reimport the item in this case.

nenene

Hello Igor, thanks for replying.
You mean I need to delete the item and import it again right? I suppose that would change the item id, so re-import is not an option. Is there an Alidropship dev that could help me out?

Jefri

Hello Igor, thanks for replying.
You mean I need to delete the item and import it again right? I suppose that would change the item id, so re-import is not an option. Is there an Alidropship dev that could help me out?

I think you just need to copy-paste your URL.
- copy paste all (url, title, description)
- delete old item
- rename again your url so it as same as old item

Mayank Sharma

It would be great if Alidropship team will introduce variant mapping feature so no matter what user use the name on the site mapping feature will link that product to the original one!
So when placing order Alidropship plugin knows X product variation is linked to Y product.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
It would be great if Alidropship team will introduce variant mapping feature so no matter what user use the name on the site mapping feature will link that product to the original one!
So when placing order Alidropship plugin knows X product variation is linked to Y product.
We will work at it in the nearest future.

KaulHyangi

No news about that issue ?

I wonder if you realize that it makes your plugin literally unusable for non-english website...
How am I supposed to build a trusty experience for French users if the variations are displayed in english ? Most of them don't even know english.