Struggling to split variations. what is the correct way?

iDan

ive been trying to split variations for the last couple days, with no luck.

i import a product, creat X copies of that>delete unwanted variations from each copy.

the thing is, that after the first variation, the rest just dont have pictures attached to their colors/sizes, although gallery pictures exist.

the item has 13 different variations, i tried to split it into 4 different products;
the first one works great, i seperated it into 1 product with 4 variations from all of the other variations and its exactly how i need it to be.

the other 3 product copies are simply not working that way, their images are not showing when chosing color or size.

and no matter which one i split first, the first attempt is always working as it should while the rest arent responding with pictures etc. i assumed its something with the pictures hosted on my server, so for this product i set it to host it all on my server, yet nothing changed.

i am probably doing something wrong, but i cant figure this out. any help?

Mar

ive been trying to split variations for the last couple days, with no luck.

i import a product, creat X copies of that>delete unwanted variations from each copy.

the thing is, that after the first variation, the rest just dont have pictures attached to their colors/sizes, although gallery pictures exist.

the item has 13 different variations, i tried to split it into 4 different products;
the first one works great, i seperated it into 1 product with 4 variations from all of the other variations and its exactly how i need it to be.

the other 3 product copies are simply not working that way, their images are not showing when chosing color or size.

and no matter which one i split first, the first attempt is always working as it should while the rest arent responding with pictures etc. i assumed its something with the pictures hosted on my server, so for this product i set it to host it all on my server, yet nothing changed.

i am probably doing something wrong, but i cant figure this out. any help?
Search the forum and you will see a lot about the your problem, and yes it is all problem.

Mar

so is it a known issue? any solution?
Sorry, I have no idea. The reason is I did not care a bit about splitting variations especially when I saw those posts about it, all they have are troubles. Personally I don't see a reason to split variations and spend time one it.

iDan

i didnt bother splitting too, but this product has few unrelated variations which should be in a different place.

do you keep them together even if some variations arent related to the product they are attached to?
for example the product is a woman dress with 10 variations while 2 of them are hoodies

Mar

i didnt bother splitting too, but this product has few unrelated variations which should be in a different place.

do you keep them together even if some variations arent related to the product they are attached to?
for example the product is a woman dress with 10 variations while 2 of them are hoodies
I have come across many cases like that. You just have to change the product title so that it will cover all variations. I saw some post, they want to split variation because the title have color blue and some variation color is red. It just don't make sense. Why nor edit the title and remove the color blue? Even if a variation don't fit the product title, it is no big deal and not worth the trouble of splitting variation.

iDan

thank you. you are right, guess i could keep all variations and just copy the product> change the title and front image to cover them all.

i will try that then, although im suprised aliDropship doesnt provide such important functionality - seperating products by variations.

Thanks alot Mar