Standard vs. Woo Plugin For Different Funnel Strategies?

asokas

Hello,

I have been working with WooCommerce as the main store approach, and hence installed the corresponding version of the AliDropship plugin for that.

However, I also wish to be able to run Facebook, Pinterest etc. ads. These would be to pages that are not of the fixed format WooCommerce type, e.g. do not have the product price tied to the AliExpress price via the pricing formula the way that all products generated with the WooCommerce plugin seem to do. The page itself would have a quite different design, and not the automatic WooCommerce page format. I might also wish to do several sales funnel funnel one-time offers after the initial purchase etc., again to non-standard WooCommerce pages, and with prices not tied to the rest of the AliDropShip WooCommerce pricing formula.

Thus, it seems to me that I also need to install the standard version of the plugin in order to be able to do these things. Is that correct?

However, if so, and given that you cannot have both versions on the same Wordpress site, this implies that I need a separate installation of Wordpress to accommodate the standard AliDropship plugin?

Again, if so, does one license for a single domain allow me to run both versions of the plugin, from different Wordpress installations within the same domain?

Regards,

Asoka

asokas

It seems that I answered this for myself by installing another Wordpress site in a sub-folder, discovering that the standard plugin will not activate there, and and finding that the reason is that the site must be in the root folder, which the WooCommerce site already is. Hence, what I said above apparently cannot be done.

Is there any way to unshackle myself from the price formula for certain chosen product? If the product price drops to a few cents (as is the case), I get to sell the product for a whole massive couple of dozen cents. Actually though, the fact that I can source at a great price does not need to be passed on, certainly not to this extent.

Also, is there a way to duplicate a product page so that one gets used in WooCommerce as before, and another can be edited to form a landing page for Facebook/pinterest etc. ads, and hence can also have a different price?

Mar

Also, is there a way to duplicate a product page so that one gets used in WooCommerce as before, and another can be edited to form a landing page for Facebook/pinterest etc. ads, and hence can also have a different price?
Only you understand your question. So you might as well answer it your self again.

asokas

Maybe it could be expressed better but I don't think it is too obscure a question...

What I mean is, can one have (a) the regular WooCommerce page for use in the store as normal, and (b) a specific more flexible landing page optimized for external ads e.g. from Facebook?

That was the idea behind the two plugins in the original question. One does the usual WooCommerce page, and hopefully the standard plugin does a more flexible page that I can edit for external ads (don't know if it does that, since I have not used it, not having been able to install it on the same domain).

The point is that if I create the landing page without using the AliDropship plugins i.e. just a manually created page product page, then I have to go off and fulfill the orders manually later. I was hoping to avoid doing that.

The other question is straightforward: are we always tied to the pricing formula we defined? So, if the AliExpress seller price drops to 1 cent, we get to sell it for a massive 4 cents? Can we break out of that in select cases, such as the one just stated?

Last edited:
To sort of answer one of your questions, you could design a drop page on your site to funnel clients to and just place this shortcode [product id="1343"] anywhere on the page to show the product and current pricing, that way you would not need to worry about the client seeing a cheaper or more expensive price than the one in your woocommerce store. Just remember to change the id number to one of your own product id numbers. :)

asokas

Hello,

Thank you for that.

Is that product ID format you mentioned produced by AliDropShip plugin (if so, where is it?) or is it produced by WooCommerce?