Splitting Variations When Importing Products

Darka

Hello there!

I need to import a few products from Aliexpress that needs splitting into single listings.

Through trial and error, I managed to find a way by duplicating the listing and tweak the Attributes and Variations settings.

Now, I noticed that when 'Used for Variations' box in the Attributes is checked, in the preview of the product, it has the Metal Color section that you need to select to activate the 'Add to Basket' button as if it was a variation. When I uncheck the box, the Metal Color section is gone, making it a single product and makes it look better and cleaner, however, the Variations section becomes disabled.

My question is... if I uncheck the 'used for variations' box, does the plugin still recognize the right product I want to sell when the customer buys it?

When 'Used for Variations' is checked
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.42.03.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.42.40.png
Listing looks like this:
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.54.46.png

When 'Used for Variations' is unchecked
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.50.19.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.50.28.png

Listing looks like this:
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.55.03.png

Arnaldo

1) Tick ----> attribute tab "used for variation".

2) Have you check-----> variation tab -----> "expand tab" (same as on the last screens)----> enable/disable ?

Tick the box, "enable"

Normally it should work.

If not reimport product, duplicate pages to split variation again.

Yes, duplicate product and use only the variations you want on each page is the way to do for splitting variations.

Product stock update will be applied independently and should work smoothly on each split pages.

Darka

Thanks for the reply!

I have checked that already and noticed that section with 'Metal Color' still shows, which means the customer has to click on the image next to it in order to activate the 'Add to Basket' button. If you import a single listing from Aliexpress, that 'Metal Color' choice section doesn't show because it's not a variation listing. I would like to know if by removing that variation section would mess up the plugin or not.

Arnaldo

No. You can keep it hidden front end, but don’t deleted these variations. In fact, I recommend you to read a post I made a few months ago exactly about that. Check my profile and read my old post. Cheers.
Thanks for the reply!

I have checked that already and noticed that section with 'Metal Color' still shows, which means the customer has to click on the image next to it in order to activate the 'Add to Basket' button. If you import a single listing from Aliexpress, that 'Metal Color' choice section doesn't show because it's not a variation listing. I would like to know if by removing that variation section would mess up the plugin or not.

Fishy

No. You can keep it hidden front end, but don’t deleted these variations. In fact, I recommend you to read a post I made a few months ago exactly about that. Check my profile and read my old post. Cheers.
Hi Arnaldo,
So if i import 1 product with say 10 variations (10 different colors) and I want to split them into 10 different listing (to make it like I have 1 simple product), i just need to enable 1 color I want and unable the rest without deleting them? Meaning I will have 100 variations (from the backend)?
Because after I duplicate a product I usually deleted the variation that I don't use. So I wouldn't get the product update for my duplicates and need to delete them and start again then? Woaaahhhh
Thanks for your help!

I am not sure which posts you are referring. Maybe you can provide a link?

As for hiding front end, I found that just enabling the variations, they still show in the page but become inactive buttons, like in the image below. This is not something I want. I want the page to show as if it's a single listing. I am using the Shopper theme if it helps...

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 17.39.36 copy.png

Arnaldo

I am not sure which posts you are referring. Maybe you can provide a link?

As for hiding front end, I found that just enabling the variations, they still show in the page but become inactive buttons, like in the image below. This is not something I want. I want the page to show as if it's a single listing. I am using the Shopper theme if it helps...

View attachment 5199
https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/aliexpress-ships-from-alidropship-for-woo.5664/#post-33509

and here:

https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/how-i-can-hide-attribute-ships-from-in-product-page.5288/

Please search and read next time ;-) You know, I'm still a noob in many areas an had had to learn all this by myself too.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Arnaldo

Hi Arnaldo,
So if i import 1 product with say 10 variations (10 different colors) and I want to split them into 10 different listing (to make it like I have 1 simple product), i just need to enable 1 color I want and unable the rest without deleting them? Meaning I will have 100 variations (from the backend)?
Because after I duplicate a product I usually deleted the variation that I don't use. So I wouldn't get the product update for my duplicates and need to delete them and start again then? Woaaahhhh
Thanks for your help!
A) Not exactly. To split variations:

1) Import product from Aliexpress with all their variations.

2) Duplicate the page with a plugin like.. "duplicate page", and create as many duplicates as you want to have separate variations from that initial product.

3) Edit individually all these newly created product on Woocommerce, and remove the variations you don't need. You can in that particular case only delete unwanted variation you don't need like:

product 1: variation 1 (you delete all other 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) variations
product 2 variation 2 (same as above and keep variation 2 only)

and so on.

easy peasy.

B) The thing where I explained to disable (not delete) variation, I was referring to HIDE unwanted variation from the from the front end like "ship from", "20x20x20cm" and useless frontend variations like that.

But in that 2nd case, you don't want to lose product stock synchronization with Aliexpress, so you untick these attribute in the back of Woo, with deleting any variations.

See my post here:

https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/aliexpress-ships-from-alidropship-for-woo.5664/#post-33509

and here:

https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/how-i-can-hide-attribute-ships-from-in-product-page.5288/

If you do so in both cases you'll keep Aliexpress stock sync.

Last edited:

Fishy

Hi Arnaldo,
A) Not exactly. To split variations:

1) Import product from Aliexpress with all their variations.

2) Duplicate the page with a plugin like.. "duplicate page", and create as many duplicates as you want to have separate variations from that initial product.

3) Edit individually all these newly created product on Woocommerce, and remove the variations you don't need. You can in that particular case only delete unwanted variation you don't need like:

product 1: variation 1 (you delete all other 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) variations
product 2 variation 2 (same as above and keep variation 2 only)

and so on.

easy peasy.

B) The thing where I explained to disable (not delete) variation, I was referring to HIDE unwanted variation from the from the front end like "ship from", "20x20x20cm" and useless frontend variations like that.

But in that 2nd case, you don't want to lose product stock synchronization with Aliexpress, so you untick these attribute in the back of Woo, with deleting any variations.

See my post here:

and here:

If you do so in both cases you'll keep Aliexpress stock sync.
Thanks for your reply, Arnaldo.
I did exactly that : import, duplicate and delete variation i don't use from the duplicate.
My only worries is if the plugin will sync ok (update the stock) because I deleted the variation after import?
I also deleted the variation I don't use from the original product after I've made the duplicates. Will that cause a problem with stock update?
Again thanks for your help youre a champion! :D

Arnaldo

no. it will sync.

Just be careful if you have this:

1) variation like color/ model

2) size variation (even unique size)

3) ship from variation

You will have to keep these variations in the backend to benefit from sync with Aliexpress.

Still, as shown in my previous post you can hide them from the frontend (your customers).

Re-read both posts and try update both product individually (in woo product editor---->supplier tab).

If you test this, normally it will work.

Only delete variations you won't use and that are not need for Aliexpress sync. But if other variations like unique size or ship from are associated with color/model variation, just hide them in the backend without deleting them.

Last edited:

and here:

Please search and read next time ;-) You know, I'm still a noob in many areas an had had to learn all this by myself too.

Hope that helps.
I did go through your posts but wasn't sure which ones I had to look at... ^^;

Thank you though!

I was doing somewhat the same, although I was deleting the items I didn't want in the attributes section. My original concern was if it would mess up with the stock. Thanks again. :)

no. it will sync.

Just be careful if you have this:

1) variation like color/ model

2) size variation (even unique size)

3) ship from variation

You will have to keep these variations in the backend to benefit from sync with Aliexpress.

Still, as shown in my previous post you can hide them from the frontend (your customers).

Re-read both posts and try update both product individually (in woo product editor---->supplier tab).

If you test this, normally it will work.

Only delete variations you won't use and that are not need for Aliexpress sync. But if other variations like unique size or ship from are associated with color/model variation, just hide them in the backend without deleting them.
Tested it sync perfectly. Thanks a lot Arnaldo! :)