Site Hierarchy, URLs, Parent Pages

jopa2150

Hi All,

I'm putting together my droshipping site and its occurred to me that there doesn't seem to be a hierarchy between pages, product category pages, and product pages. This would be quite SEO unfriendly. Rather than website.com/product-category leading to website.com/product-category/product, its just website.com/product.

Is there a reason that a properly tagged/categorized product doesn't automatically create a URL with a hierarchy? Same deal with subcategories. To perhaps rephrase, why would a subcategory which has a selected parent category, not result in a URL that includes the parent category?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Mar

Hi All,

I'm putting together my droshipping site and its occurred to me that there doesn't seem to be a hierarchy between pages, product category pages, and product pages. This would be quite SEO unfriendly. Rather than website.com/product-category leading to website.com/product-category/product, its just website.com/product.

Is there a reason that a properly tagged/categorized product doesn't automatically create a URL with a hierarchy? Same deal with subcategories. To perhaps rephrase, why would a subcategory which has a selected parent category, not result in a URL that includes the parent category?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
You can change the default permalink setting in admin>Settings>Permalinks

jopa2150

Is there an appropriate tag that would result in website.com/%parent_category%/%child_category%/%product% for example? . Even more specifically, website.com/%parent_category%/%child_category%/ would be ideal at the moment. The former I have managed.

Mar

Is there an appropriate tag that would result in website.com/%parent_category%/%child_category%/%product% for example? . Even more specifically, website.com/%parent_category%/%child_category%/ would be ideal at the moment. The former I have managed.
If you see the Permalinks Settings, what's there is what's all there is. I don't think /%parent_category%/%child_category% is necessary that is why it is not included.