"Ships from" attribute

Talha Khan

Hello Everyone
I have recently purchased the woo plugin.The thing I am confused is about the SHIPS FROM attribute. I have some products that have prices lower when it ships from USA and higher prices when ships from China.The problem is that my customer suppose living in Germany will always choose the attribute having the lower price and if he select attribute US then his product will not be able to be deliverd from USA.I want to restrict the USA attribute only to USA residents and for the rest of the world i would like to ship it from china.Just like in ALIEXPRESS. I dont mind the SHPIS FROM attribute

chris37

Hello Everyone
I have recently purchased the woo plugin.The thing I am confused is about the SHIPS FROM attribute. I have some products that have prices lower when it ships from USA and higher prices when ships from China.The problem is that my customer suppose living in Germany will always choose the attribute having the lower price and if he select attribute US then his product will not be able to be deliverd from USA.I want to restrict the USA attribute only to USA residents and for the rest of the world i would like to ship it from china.Just like in ALIEXPRESS. I dont mind the SHPIS FROM attribute
3 choice.
1) Delete the variation ship from USA

2) Change the variation of USA to be same price as chine

3) the easiest one buy the alishipping add-on and let your customer choose from where the products is going to be delivery from,is working almost as the shipping method of aliexpress work.

Talha Khan

Thanks for the prompt reply Chris
Actually I dont want o delete the USA variation or China as most of my clients will be from USA and it would be good if they choose the USA variation as it will decrease the shipping time in the US. I want to know is that how to restrict USA resident for the USA variation.
as far as the alishipping add on is concern I only want to give FREE Shipping to my customers always so dont need that addon
I hope you can understand the situation

Ecomm

Hello Everyone
Hi, on my store beside Alidropship default setup:

Shiping from:
China
United States
Spain
France

I renamed the atributes like this:

Shiping to:
Worldwide 3-5 Weeks
USA 2-3 Weeks
Europe 2-3 Weeks[From Spain Warehouse]
Europe 2-3 Weeks[From France Warehouse]

I think could be more clear for your customers.
So if you have warehouses on a product from Spain or/and France the customer from Germany will choose one warehouse from Europe. If you don't have warehouses in Europe only USA and Worldwide I think the chances to choose Worldwide are higher because they can see Ship to words.
@chris37 let me know if it sounds like a better solution I didn't found another one by letting the warehouses in place. This is what I use now and I don't have problems.
@Talha Khan

chris37

Hi, on my store beside Alidropship default setup:

Shiping from:
China
United States
Spain
France

I renamed the atributes like this:

Shiping to:
Worldwide 3-5 Weeks
USA 2-3 Weeks
Europe 2-3 Weeks[From Spain Warehouse]
Europe 2-3 Weeks[From France Warehouse]

I think could be more clear for your customers.
So if you have warehouses on a product from Spain or/and France the customer from Germany will choose one warehouse from Europe. If you don't have warehouse in Europe only USA and Worldwide I think the chances to choose Worldwide are high because they can see Ship to words.
@chris37 let me know if it sounds like a better solution I didn't found another one by letting the warehouses in place. This is what I use now and I don't have problems.
Yes rename the attributes is not gonna have any proplem with the connection from aliexpress.
Is also way more clear,But in my personal opinion the way you rename them are make them look quite long and i don't think so is gonna be nice visual.

Ecomm

Yes rename the attributes is not gonna have any proplem with the connection from aliexpress.
Is also way more clear,But in my personal opinion the way you rename them are make them look quite long and i don't think so is gonna be nice visual.
Yes you are right are not very nice visual but are suggestive and with a little bit of css modifications I think you can make them look a little bit nice. We need to handle somehow this kind of atributes in order to have the posibility to provide to the customers the best time of delivery. I am curious how Oberlo from Shopify handle this.
P.S To be more professional I think there could be a select box or something like this but this need to be implemented by Alidropship dev team.

Ecomm

I never use shopify so I don't know!
It's just an idea because Oberlo need to handle this atributes somehow on Shopify because they import products from Aliexpress also if I am right so Alidropship dev team can take a look on this subject because every new user will ask questions about this.

Tas

Hello to all.

Happy New Year.

I am facing the same issue at the moment.

My issue is also, that sometimes some products with multiple Warehouses in EU, lets say for example:

Spain and France.
On Aliexpress if you choose one, it might say to you that the product can not be shipped to some EU country (lets call that country X) and it greys out the possibility of ordering....but if you import that product into your website, that limitation is not imported and the customer can choose
Spain to ship to X, but Aliexpress does not allow it.

IF anyone has found a way to surpass that, I would be highly thankful.

chris37

Hello to all.

Happy New Year.

I am facing the same issue at the moment.

My issue is also, that sometimes some products with multiple Warehouses in EU, lets say for example:

Spain and France.
On Aliexpress if you choose one, it might say to you that the product can not be shipped to some EU country (lets call that country X) and it greys out the possibility of ordering....but if you import that product into your website, that limitation is not imported and the customer can choose
Spain to ship to X, but Aliexpress does not allow it.

IF anyone has found a way to surpass that, I would be highly thankful.
Alishipping add-on

Reactions: Tas

Tas

Alishipping add-on

Hi chris37,

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, Alishipping Add-on does not pull these Aliexpress shipping limitations.

I would be interested to know though, if you know, if Alishipping Add-on pull specific Shipping costs per country from each warehouse?

For example, if a product does not offer free shipping, specific warehouses have then shipping costs to countries.

For example,
Shipping from: Spain

To:
Italy: x cost
Portugal: y cost
Greece: z cost
Sweden: b cost

etc etc.
These shipping costs are they imported?

Thanx in advance,

chris37

Hi chris37,

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, Alishipping Add-on does not pull these Aliexpress shipping limitations.

I would be interested to know though, if you know, if Alishipping Add-on pull specific Shipping costs per country from each warehouse?

For example, if a product does not offer free shipping, specific warehouses have then shipping costs to countries.

For example,
Shipping from: Spain

To:
Italy: x cost
Portugal: y cost
Greece: z cost
Sweden: b cost

etc etc.
These shipping costs are they imported?

Thanx in advance,
You must have geolocation enable in the woocommerce setting (I don't remember exactly but you must submit the geo licence in different website)

This way is the alishipping add-on gonna know which is the country customer is ,and is gonna work with the correct way.

Reactions: Tas

Tas

Great, geolocation is already enabled.

Have to do some testing to see if it gets picked up correctly.
Will get back to you to let you know