Setting up my hosting package with my domain on 1and1.co.uk

Mike T

1. Go to intodns.com
  2. Enter your domain there as vegstall.com
  3. Solve the issues listed there one by one
You have to add the nameservers at the domain registrar, which is 1 and 1 https://help.1and1.com/domains-c369...n-name-server-for-a-1and1-domain-a594904.html and then go to your hosting and create A records that point the NS records to your IP(s) such as ns43.alidropship.com. points to 5.45.72.39

Make any modifications at your own risk or contact someone who can do it for you. Keep in mind that DNS settings and running your own mailserver are a bit complex and, if you do it incorrectly, it might not work, or in the case of a mailserver, make it vulnerable to spoofing and other nasty activities.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Mike T

Also create 2 NS records such as vegstall.com points to ns43.alidropship.com and vegstall.com points to ns44.alidropship.com

Matt Unsworth

Hello, I am not sure on how to address the issues from the site however on 1and1.co.uk it only allows me to enter the NS addresses, it then wont allow me to do anything else. I appreciate it can take a short while to process but is there anything else you think I could do? I have not got a huge amount of experience with NS and DNS apart from adding CNAMEs etc.

Mike T

The DNS records have to be updated from your website's hosting control panel. Do not confuse the registrar (where your domain name is registered) with hosting (where your website's files are). You did the part where you added nameservers at the registrar, but you also have to login into your hosting account (if you have access to it) and change the DNS settings.