Rubens Theme - Replacing Elements

daniel-97

Hello everyone,

I'm using Rubens theme, and there's an element I don't really like which is the "In Stock", it shows the numbers.

1609143442401.png

I'd like it to show only the text (basic-simple) "In Stock" like in El Greco theme here.

1609143595107.png

Mailed the support team, they said I cannot change how it works on Rubens theme. Well guess what, I will change it :)

Found the file for it, it's a PHP file. I have 2 questions:

1. Can I override the PHP without creating a child theme? (I tried, but it's not working as I expected)
2. Can you check if I change it correctly via the images below?
1609144388715.png

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello Daniel,

Yes, this code is right, you can give it a try. Please keep in mind that theme updates will overwrite these changes, though.

chris37

. Can I override the PHP without creating a child theme? (I tried, but it's not working as I expected)
You can have permanent override if you create a child theme and make your changes there.

Did you have issue when you created a child theme before?

chris37

Hello Daniel,

Yes, this code is right, you can give it a try. Please keep in mind that theme updates will overwrite these changes, though.
@Ekaterina Sayapina can you check the homepage slider in da vinci woo..?

When you have taplet mode we must have a difference image there (is use the desktop one and is not look nice)
I will like the ability to put image in the tablet mode as it is in the mobile view.

daniel-97

Please keep in mind that theme updates will overwrite these changes, though.
ou can have permanent override if you create a child theme and make your changes there.
Hence the 1st question :) I created the child theme and it showed the default Rubens theme

The support team said if I customized the parent and create a child, the child will inherit the default settings and I'll have to customize everything again

Just received the email from the support, guess I'll customize everything again...
1609234311168.png

chris37

The support team said if I customized the parent and create a child, the child will inherit the default settings and I'll have to customize everything again
Yes that true ;)
When I install a wordpress site one of my first thinks to do is to create a child theme :)

daniel-97

Daniel I don't remember exactly which plugin was , but few year ago I found a child theme creator that was copy and the existing customization on it..

Do some research maybe you can find it.
I made my mind, will customize everything tomorrow morning! And will let you know if I can find that plugin, I’m curious ;)