Road to 10k+ a month

Krzy

Hi guys!

I am quite new to this forum and so far I am very impressed with how friendly the atmosphere here is and how people support each other in achieving success. This forum is what I've been looking for recently and very I'm happy to be here!

I wanted to make this thread for the purpose of sharing my own journey live, going from 0 to at least 10k+ a month which is my ultimate goal for the store I have recently opened. Considering what some of you guys are doing, I believe it is achievable.

I know there are several of similar threads already open, however I think that the more different niches we have covered the better we can help each other. Every niche is different and sometimes different tactics need to be applied. I hope I can get some advice from those more experienced as well as share my progress and tactics that I apply myself so that those less experienced can apply them for their own stores. I want to ask questions, but also give answers and test different ways and methods. I hope this thread will be useful for everyone here :) So let's get to it!

My store - https://fitwaystore.com/

The niche I've chosen for my store is convenient fitness equipment and clothing. By convenient I mean equipment that can be taken anywhere and can be used to work out at home/gym/outdoors etc. Such equipment includes resistance bands, suspension straps, mobility rollers etc.

My store runs of Shopify platform. I currently accept only Paypal (Stripe is not available in my country). Other gateways usually require providing a legal business details, which I have not registered (I'd like to develop my brand a bit before registering a legal entity).

I launched the store 3 weeks ago and so far made 2 sales (1x smart wristband for $39.99 and 1x set of resistance bands for $29.99). I have reached out to a bunch of 50k+ instagram influencers (over 100 people, mainly women), however only 5-6 of them replied and usually charge quite a lot for posts/stories (it's often over $100). Still - these posts or even stories don't bring as much traffic as I'd expect (usually it ends up being around 100 or less visitors a day) I usually am skeptical to big pages which post identical content and get like 20k likes but only 5 comments, so I'd rather go for smaller pages with real following.

Having made those 2 sales gave me faith. If I can make 2 sales I believe I can make hundreds or even thousands. However, I need to dramatically improve certain areas so that I can start earning more while spending less.

I'd like to ask for some advice regarding the influencer marketing area as well as constructive criticism regarding my website and niche I've chosen. Perhaps some of you can take a quick look at it and tell me what is worth fixing, improving or adding there. From a perspective of an experienced person - what are the things you'd begin with if you were the owner of my store? How would you go around looking for influencers and what products would you focus on?

I know it's a long post so I'll try to keep it short and concise for the future. Thanks a lot for your support! Let's learn something new :)

yes

Goodluck with your road, and i see you using shopify, very expensive tough! I gonna follow this :)

jubran

Good luck out there! A well designed shop and looks trustworthy. Just drive the right traffic and I think you'll hit that milestone!

T

tariq

Noticed that your smart wristband product says it is "on sale due to high demand", but that doesn't really make sense.

Krzy

Noticed that your smart wristband product says it is "on sale due to high demand", but that doesn't really make sense.

The idea was to give customers a sign that we appreciate high interest and would like to show that appreciation by offering a discount.

Good luck!
How do you pay the stuff on aliexpress?Credit card?

Usually yes. However I recently was able to use Paypal (which was surprising because I though Aliexpress disabled paypal payments some time ago)

Goodluck with your road, and i see you using shopify, very expensive tough! I gonna follow this :)

I'm using the $30/mo plan so it isn't that bad ;)

Last edited:

Krzy

Alright so I have made another "sale" during the night.

I'd like you guys to share some of your experiences regarding frauds. The screenshots attached should be self-explanatory. This is the 2nd time it happens and 2nd time the "buyer" is based in South America. I have excluded my ad targeting to South America as well as Africa. Even though I offer worldwide shipping, I've noticed that majority of the traffic is coming from Asia, Africa and South America, but not so much from North America/Europe.

Is there perhaps a setting/app on shopify to automatically prevent such payments? (I'm talking e-check, and anything that is not instant but "pending" for days)

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-16 o 19.44.18.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-16 o 19.44.18.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-16 o 19.44.46.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-16 o 19.44.46.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 53

jubran

Alright so I have made another "sale" during the night.

I'd like you guys to share some of your experiences regarding frauds. The screenshots attached should be self-explanatory. This is the 2nd time it happens and 2nd time the "buyer" is based in South America. I have excluded my ad targeting to South America as well as Africa. Even though I offer worldwide shipping, I've noticed that majority of the traffic is coming from Asia, Africa and South America, but not so much from North America/Europe.

Is there perhaps a setting/app on shopify to automatically prevent such payments? (I'm talking e-check, and anything that is not instant but "pending" for days)

Thanks! :)
Can be done by the payment gateway. Simply contact them or see if you have this options available in your dashboard.

There are a lot of social media influencers out there today. We’ve seen our customers ask about influencer marketing to drive sales. But is it really worth it? In this post. we’ll go into detail about what influencers do, where they fit in the marketing funnel and look at how influencer marketing compares to advertising on Facebook and across the web.