Renaming and splitting variations on a multilingual site

Arnaldo

Hi Alidropship Team.

I wish to translate my Woocommerce store in French very soon (English ----> French).

For example: I have some items that have 2 "SHIP FROM" variations on Aliexpress: A) China warehouse and another B) country US/SPAIN warehouse.

I imported these 2 variations for the same product so it is displayed on my site's product page.

Question 1:
If i use some translating plugin like WPML, will i be able to split these variations like:
A - "SHIPS FROM CHINA" variation ------> linked to English product page.
B - "SHIPS FROM SPAIN" variation --------> linked to French product page (same product ID as above but in French here)

Question 2:
How to rename a variation from an already imported product in Woocommerce ?

I filled and correct the variation from alidropship chrome plugin but mispelled some of them i'd like to rename.
I didn't found a way except reimporting the same product again.

Question 3:
Can i hide a variation on product page in Woocommerce ?

i.g hide it to the customer in order to ease the buying process and lower confusion.
Just direct straight to the point Add To Cart only, but without erasing variation.

The problem is that no western countries ecommerce site ask their customers to choose a "SHIP FROM" options when buying something. It's the store owner's responsability to do that not the customer. So i find it confusing.

Ok, you'll say again to me that 95% of the products on Aliexpress don't have that option, but many of my niche product are, sadly. So i need it.

Also sometimes, in Aliexpress you have useless variations like "DIMENSIONS " " x " ", MATERIAL just for 1 single product with 1 model (NOT talking about a Variable product here, like 14 model on one page).
I would like to hide these useless variations to the customer.
The only workaround i found was auto-tick these variations in woocommerce product edit page.

And the problem is if i deleted these variations, obviously i will lose the stock syncronisation with Aliexpress.... so i search for a logical solution.

Please, if you can answers below each questions. Every input from users are welcomed too.

Sorry for the lenght of my posts, but that's the last elements i need to make my site look like a pro.

Thank you!

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Alidropship Team.

I wish to translate my Woocommerce store in French very soon (English ----> French).

For example: I have some items that have 2 "SHIP FROM" variations on Aliexpress: A) China warehouse and another B) country US/SPAIN warehouse.

I imported these 2 variations for the same product so it is displayed on my site's product page.

Question 1:
If i use some translating plugin like WPML, will i be able to split these variations like:
B - "SHIPS FROM SPAIN" variation --------> linked to French product page (same product ID as above but in French here)

Question 2:

I filled and correct the variation from alidropship chrome plugin but mispelled some of them i'd like to rename.
I didn't found a way except reimporting the same product again.

Question 3:
Can i hide a variation on product page in Woocommerce ?

i.g hide it to the customer in order to ease the buying process and lower confusion.
Just direct straight to the point Add To Cart only, but without erasing variation.

The problem is that no western countries ecommerce site ask their customers to choose a "SHIP FROM" options when buying something. It's the store owner's responsability to do that not the customer. So i find it confusing.

Ok, you'll say again to me that 95% of the products on Aliexpress don't have that option, but many of my niche product are, sadly. So i need it.

Also sometimes, in Aliexpress you have useless variations like "DIMENSIONS " " x " ", MATERIAL just for 1 single product with 1 model (NOT talking about a Variable product here, like 14 model on one page).
I would like to hide these useless variations to the customer.
The only workaround i found was auto-tick these variations in woocommerce product edit page.

And the problem is if i deleted these variations, obviously i will lose the stock syncronisation with Aliexpress.... so i search for a logical solution.

Please, if you can answers below each questions. Every input from users are welcomed too.

Sorry for the lenght of my posts, but that's the last elements i need to make my site look like a pro.

Thank you!
Question 1:
B - "SHIPS FROM SPAIN" variation --------> linked to French product page (same product ID as above but in French here) - As for WPML I answered you already in a different thread. We never tested this plugin for compatibility with AliDropship Woo plugin, so I can't tell you whether it is possible or not.

You can do this in Products -> Attributes , this is a standard WooCommerce option: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-product-taxonomies/

Can i hide a variation on product page in Woocommerce ? - Could you please clarify what do you mean?

Arnaldo

Hi Victoria.

I'm talking about this:

Here's two screenshots: One from Aliexpress and the same on my site:
AliexpressCart.PNG

WpCart.PNG
If i was to keep syncronisation with Aliexpress stocks, it's mandatory to leave these Variation to Woocommerce.

But it's not my clients problem. So i want to hide these two variations :

"Ship from" and " Dimensions" wich adds confusion. And only shown the model/color choice in frontend like:

VariationShown.PNG

So is it possible to hide these variations on the frontend so i can choose these variations ONLY AT THE TIME OF ORDER on Aliexpress, after my client order on my site.

Hope you get what i mean.

To me that's important, so i don't bother my client with this on KEEP stock syncro with Aliexpress too.

I have many many items like this sadly on my niche. Ok it seems cosmetics to you but believe me it's affecting conversion.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria.

I'm talking about this:

Here's two screenshots: One from Aliexpress and the same on my site:
View attachment 2126

View attachment 2127
If i was to keep syncronisation with Aliexpress stocks, it's mandatory to leave these Variation to Woocommerce.

But it's not my clients problem. So i want to hide these two variations :

"Ship from" and " Dimensions" wich adds confusion. And only shown the model/color choice in frontend like:

View attachment 2128

So is it possible to hide these variations on the frontend so i can choose these variations ONLY AT THE TIME OF ORDER on Aliexpress, after my client order on my site.

Hope you get what i mean.

To me that's important, so i don't bother my client with this on KEEP stock syncro with Aliexpress too.

I have many many items like this sadly on my niche. Ok it seems cosmetics to you but believe me it's affecting conversion.
I think it's not possible, because all attributes are connected with each other. Not all colors could be available for each country in 'Ship from' field , for example. Or the price could be different for products of different colors or with shipping from different countries.