Remove old product variation pictures when resetting product

Arnaldo

Hi, my dear dropship community and Alidropship team how are you?

I thought about this for people like me hosting product variation images.

I wondered if it could be possible for a future update to automatically erase old variation images (based on media ID) when we reset product in the WC dashboard supplier tab.

Because when doing such, old images (unused) are still present on the server and eat space, and it's time-consuming to search and clean the unused images.

So doing such could be great.

Also do the same when we edit an uploaded image when removing watermarks for example (when importing product for example), like showing a box saying "do you want to remove the original edited image, click yes", then deleted original image.

Because when we edit the image in the import view (Aliexpress page import), both original and edited will be uploaded.

So allowing only original image instead of both could be cool.

Doing so to have a neat and clean media folder.

Cheers!

Mar

Because when doing such, old images (unused) are still present on the server and eat space, and it's time-consuming to search and clean the unused images.
Just stumbled with this post. After several days of work with different plugins to remove unused images in uploads folder I finally succeeded. Would you believe that I have 49, 496 unused images? It is real and I deleted it all. I used to have more that 52% of disk space usage, after I deleted all the unused images it is down to a little more than 26%, meaning about half of all images in the uploads folder were unused images. It is easy to filter unattached images in the media folder, but in the uploads folder, it is a huge task and you may never succeed.

1540884172682.png