Promoting the website and no sales

droidman

Hi everyone.
I really wanted to give dropshipping a fair try and bought the addon and so on,even bought some aditional things and imported products, edited their names, sent email newsletters and even bought influencer publications on social media, at about 1500 visits per day i have zero sales.
What am i doing wrong here? i'm really disappointed :confused:, as a marketeer who works on email marketing for more than 12 years i thought that sending newsletters promoting my own store would at least make me 1 sale but no, lots of visits, about 23% rejection rate on google analytics and no sales, and most people don't even register.

can someone please help me here?
really appreciate it

the store url is www.coveto.net
thanks

Mar

Hi everyone.
I really wanted to give dropshipping a fair try and bought the addon and so on,even bought some aditional things and imported products, edited their names, sent email newsletters and even bought influencer publications on social media, at about 1500 visits per day i have zero sales.
What am i doing wrong here? i'm really disappointed :confused:, as a marketeer who works on email marketing for more than 12 years i thought that sending newsletters promoting my own store would at least make me 1 sale but no, lots of visits, about 23% rejection rate on google analytics and no sales, and most people don't even register.

can someone please help me here?
really appreciate it

the store url is www.coveto.net
thanks
It look like you haven't been in this forum long enough to see many cases like yours. Some have launched their store six months ago and don't have a single sale until now. What make you think people will pick your store out of several thousands already established stores selling the same products? Why would they buy in a store with only one product in some categories? The word disappointed is not even the right term, in fact it is quite normal. Showing categories with, one or two or three products is a major turn off. Imagine yourself as the visitor and you will realize why the store is not making sale.

droidman

It look like you haven't been in this forum long enough to see many cases like yours. Some have launched their store six months ago and don't have a single sale until now. What make you think people will pick your store out of several thousands already established stores selling the same products? Why would they buy in a store with only one product in some categories? The word disappointed is not even the right term, in fact it is quite normal. Showing categories with, one or two or three products is a major turn off. Imagine yourself as the visitor and you will realize why the store is not making sale.

Ok so i need to add like 100 products in each categories, more suggestions please?

NO. You don't need 100 products in each category, that's just a waste of your time. In fact, many successful dropshipping stores only have a couple products. See Rory Ganon's 7 day challenge, he only had five total products on his store. Don't just go importing random products from AliExpress in an effort to make your site look trustworthy.

Why are you selling batteries?

Why are there watermarks?

Also wouldn't recommend selling electronics from Ali... so don't be surprised if you get a lot of refunds.

Mar

NO. You don't need 100 products in each category, that's just a waste of your time. In fact, many successful dropshipping stores only have a couple products. See Rory Ganon's 7 day challenge, he only had five total products on his store. Don't just go importing random products from AliExpress in an effort to make your site look trustworthy.

Why are you selling batteries?

Why are there watermarks?

Also wouldn't recommend selling electronics from Ali... so don't be surprised if you get a lot of refunds.
Sorry, but who would buy in a store with only one product in a category? Who is talking about 100 products in each category? Who is talking about water marks? Who is talking about electronics in Aliexpress? Your comments here are rather funny and don't make sense. Whatever effort to make a store trustworthy count, after all it is what matter. If you don't care about gaining trust from visitors, say goodbye to your store.

marketingexpert

I want to ask one question to Honeycutt
What is the purpose of joining this forum? am asking because i saw many comments you made, 99% are negative why? Every time somebody posts store for sale or any other discussion you will try to make funny or useless comments, moderator should watch this guy and take necessary action this is a request.

Sorry, but who would buy in a store with only one product in a category? Who is talking about 100 products in each category?
Actually, many successful stores have only a few products in certain categories. It's all about branding, marketing, and picking the right products. It's better to have six products with condensed titles, no watermarks, and proven products than to have 100 random products bulk imported from one search on AliExpress. It's more important to optimize the product pages by writing effective descriptions that sell the buyer than to have as many products as possible. Droidman, the OP, mentioned having 100 products, so not sure why you're asking "Who is talking about 100 products in each category?".

Who is talking about water marks? Who is talking about electronics in Aliexpress?
The original post was asking for tips on why he wasn't making sales, so I was giving him advice to remove watermarks and not to sell electronics due to the high refund rate for electronics from AliExpress.

Your comments here are rather funny and don't make sense. Whatever effort to make a store trustworthy count, after all it is what matter. If you don't care about gaining trust from visitors, say goodbye to your store.
If you find my comments "rather funny", that's okay, but considering the coveto store, the fact that your main suggestion was to add more products per category is ridiculous. Since he only has about one product per category (but many different categories), he instead should condense his products into fewer categories and choose his products more carefully to niche down and focus on one or two categories, unless he wants to appear as a department/warehouse store. Also, there are so many more things than adding more products per category to improve on, such as fixing the titles/slugs, descriptions, and photos, as those aspects are arguably most important. I don't not "care about gaining trust", but in fact the opposite. What I'm saying here is that having 100 products is not necessary to gain a visitor's trust: instead, it's time consuming and should not be your focus when so many other aspects need to be fixed. In terms of the "say goodbye to your store", I only have a couple products per category in all stores I run, and my average conversion rate is over 4%. This is because all products have white backgrounds, optimized titles/descriptions, and I only import winning products. Quality over quantity, almost always.

I want to ask one question to Honeycutt
What is the purpose of joining this forum? am asking because i saw many comments you made, 99% are negative why? Every time somebody posts store for sale or any other discussion you will try to make funny or useless comments, moderator should watch this guy and take necessary action this is a request.
How are they funny or useless? The fact that you are attempting to get the moderator to "take action" is funny, when the tips I have given are proven. You can go ahead and sell drones from Ali, and don't be surprised if you get a lot complaints.

Last edited:

Mar

The original post was asking for tips on why he wasn't making sales, so I was giving him advice to remove watermarks and not to sell electronics due to the high refund rate for electronics from AliExpress.
When I asked who is talking about, it mean I am not talking about it but you. You repeatedly mention about electronics of AliExpress. DJI and other popular electronic brands are being sold by AliExpress. You should understand that this products are not manufactured by AliExpress and these brands are being sold by many other stores. So it is just ridiculous to single out AliExpress if these products have poor quality. Your tips are proven to be true? how was it proven?

When I asked who is talking about, it mean I am not talking about it but you. You repeatedly mention about electronics of AliExpress. DJI and other popular electronic brands are being sold by AliExpress. You should understand that this products are not manufactured by AliExpress and these brands are being sold by many other stores. So it is just ridiculous to single out AliExpress if these products have poor quality. Your tips are proven to be true? how was it proven?
As I linked above, many successful stores have only a couple products per category, contrary to your original statements. AliDropship themselves even advise to condense product titles and remove watermarks, as I have advised Droidman to do with his store.

Secondly, yes, there are some official brands on AliExpress, but there are a lot of fakes and poor quality drones. Why would anyone purchase a DJI drone from a dropshipping store rather than from DJI themselves? In fact, the main target for dropshipping are products with low cost to mark up the prices, which will not normally be DJI drones.

It's common knowledge that AliExpress does not make the items that it sells :)

Mar

As I linked above, many successful stores have only a couple products per category, contrary to your original statements. AliDropship themselves even advise to condense product titles and remove watermarks, as I have advised Droidman to do with his store.

Secondly, yes, there are some official brands on AliExpress, but there are a lot of fakes and poor quality drones. Why would anyone purchase a DJI drone from a dropshipping store rather than from DJI themselves? In fact, the main target for dropshipping are products with low cost to mark up the prices, which will not normally be DJI drones.

It's common knowledge that AliExpress does not make the items that it sells :)
Fake and poor quality drones are being sold everywhere. Again it is not right to say AliExpress electronics are not good. Why would anyone purchase a DJI drone from a dropshipping store rather than from DJI themselves?, If a dropshipping store chose to sell this product, it is their decision, it is non of your business.

Fake and poor quality drones are being sold everywhere. Again it is not right to say AliExpress electronics are not good. Why would anyone purchase a DJI drone from a dropshipping store rather than from DJI themselves?, If a dropshipping store chose to sell this product, it is their decision, it is non of your business.
None of my business? I am giving OP advice to avoid a high refund rate as he asked for tips for his store. Whether he decides to take that advice or not is, certainly, "non of my business".

Last edited:

mduncanvm

Some notes from me:
- I would get rid of the crazy order numbers
- if everything is a 5 star rating I would get rid of those, too
- It looks like you straight import everything without writing your own text descriptions.
- The titles seem copy pasted from AliExpress and are often just a sequence of keywords
- the layout looks nice
- I feel you should pick a niche that is much narrower and focused
- you have a lot of reviews that are Russian and other languages.
- too few products per category
- too many categories
- by having photos from AliExpress that you didn't edit the store names and contents out you look fake and not trust worthy.
- You didn't standardize your product description layout, font and design, it looks allover.
- the list of reviews is too large, larger than the product. it doesn't help. I would hide it in a tab and make it smaller
- on your about page you use a standards text and those peoples images are everything on all sites that don't make an effort. Looks fake. Explain what you are about, what means covet. etc.
- your privacy policy is 404 Page not found.
- the contact page has a map of San Francisco, but the contact info is in portugal
- the main product categories are too hidden away on the home page and the list in the menu is annoyingly long
- I would decide what country to ship from and not let that up to the client. It's weird.
- checkout page looks good
- site loads quick, products load quick
- you have no social media links anywhere
- you don't have a blog/news section
- you say you have 2000+ successful deliveries, but each product has 10s of thousands of orders. they all got lost? ;-)
- on that drone, 90% discount sounds like a scam or a shitty product.

So, pick what you agree with. Hope it helps.

Some notes from me:
- I would get rid of the crazy order numbers
- if everything is a 5 star rating I would get rid of those, too
- It looks like you straight import everything without writing your own text descriptions.
- The titles seem copy pasted from AliExpress and are often just a sequence of keywords
- the layout looks nice
- I feel you should pick a niche that is much narrower and focused
- you have a lot of reviews that are Russian and other languages.
- too few products per category
- too many categories
- by having photos from AliExpress that you didn't edit the store names and contents out you look fake and not trust worthy.
- You didn't standardize your product description layout, font and design, it looks allover.
- the list of reviews is too large, larger than the product. it doesn't help. I would hide it in a tab and make it smaller
- on your about page you use a standards text and those peoples images are everything on all sites that don't make an effort. Looks fake. Explain what you are about, what means covet. etc.
- your privacy policy is 404 Page not found.
- the contact page has a map of San Francisco, but the contact info is in portugal
- the main product categories are too hidden away on the home page and the list in the menu is annoyingly long
- I would decide what country to ship from and not let that up to the client. It's weird.
- checkout page looks good
- site loads quick, products load quick
- you have no social media links anywhere
- you don't have a blog/news section
- you say you have 2000+ successful deliveries, but each product has 10s of thousands of orders. they all got lost? ;-)
- on that drone, 90% discount sounds like a scam or a shitty product.

So, pick what you agree with. Hope it helps.
Agreed. Product pages and details need much more effort and it needs to be niched down.

mduncanvm

Here is another thing I do: I order at least one sample of what I will sell. That way you can be convinced of the quality, you can shoot your own photos/video and write a description thats convincing and backed up by what you know it to be like first hand. It might not be possible for you to buy everything, but for my store it's what I do since I sell lower cost items. If someone complains about a product I exactly know how my product's quality is actually like and I don't sell any crap.

Direct Webstore

Within 2 seconds of visiting your site ... Bang! Bang! TWO annoying popups straight in my face. (See screenshot) I left straight away. So would a lot of people. I personally have a "Zero Popup Policy". I have a static banner for my newsletter signups offering a 10% discount for signups. (placed above the fold in the sidebar).

Combine that with "electronics" which is done to death by THOUSANDS of others, plus possible penalisation from Google if those popups are also on mobile (43% of sales are from mobile at the moment...and increasing) ... then it's no wonder there's no sales.

-You need a more narrow and original niche.
-You need content such as blogs/videos.
-Get rid of the damned annoying popups.
-Customize the theme ... from what I could see behind the huge popups, it looked pretty dull and boring.
-The prices are way too high. Don't be greedy. (Judging from that drone ... much cheaper elsewhere)

pop.jpg