Products in trash being updated?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Wow really? I'll take that as humour and wait for a more serious answer about "why products in the trash are being updated and moved to draft"??
This is not a joke actually. To prevent product from update please remove them from trash as well. While they are physically in your WordPress admin area - they will be updated .

Jess

So wait, why are products in the trash being updated? And why can you not stop that instead of putting it back on us to delete the trash?

Sunster

Staff member
So wait, why are products in the trash being updated? And why can you not stop that instead of putting it back on us to delete the trash?

NO IDEA, and the suggestion to just delete the products and empty the trash makes no sense either. I even tried a archive plugin and guess what......THE PRODUCTS WERE UPDATED and moved from the archive and back to draft. WTH. @Yaros can you please take a look.

anonymous1971

This is not a joke actually. To prevent product from update please remove them from trash as well. While they are physically in your WordPress admin area - they will be updated .

Not correct Victoria....Products that are completely gone....also not in trash anymore are still updated with your plugin. I have deleted and trashed products from a year ago that are still "updated" by your plugin. This needs to be solved.

Mrbb922

Wow really? I'll take that as humour and wait for a more serious answer about "why products in the trash are being updated and moved to draft"??
NO IDEA, and the suggestion to just delete the products and empty the trash makes no sense either. I even tried a archive plugin and guess what......THE PRODUCTS WERE UPDATED and moved from the archive and back to draft. WTH. @Yaros can you please take a look.

So I guess my question is, why is this a problem for you? If you are no longer using products because they are not relevant, why keep them at all? And if you are keeping them because they may become relevant in the future, why does updating and keeping them accurate and up to date and as drafts bother you? I guess I am not seeing the relevance of your question or support need. Not used products shouldn't be kept, and products being used or saved for the future should remain unpublished as drafts while being updated to stay accurate so its literally a 1 click process to add them to your store.

Mrbb922

What do you mean by "tracked this"

I am pretty sure the only way to track this would be Wordpress Admin Panel > Aliexpress > Updates. While manually updating you see a list of all products (even ones that don't update) and what update has occurred (ex: price/stock).

Sunster

Staff member
So I guess my question is, why is this a problem for you? If you are no longer using products because they are not relevant, why keep them at all? And if you are keeping them because they may become relevant in the future, why does updating and keeping them accurate and up to date and as drafts bother you? I guess I am not seeing the relevance of your question or support need. Not used products shouldn't be kept, and products being used or saved for the future should remain unpublished as drafts while being updated to stay accurate so its literally a 1 click process to add them to your store.

Simple, when i trash something, i expect it to stay in the trash. Not updated and not moved back to draft.

Mrbb922

Simple, when i trash something, i expect it to stay in the trash. Not updated and not moved back to draft.
That really doesn't answer anything. If you trash it because you don't want it, then delete your trash... There is no reason why trash isn't deleted other than the laziness of 2 clicks.

Sunster

Staff member
Listen i tried to make it clear to you but you don't seem to understand. So i'm going to let your comment go since you are a newb here.

Oh and great job replying to my comment from over 1 YEAR AGO.

Last edited:

Mrbb922

I am a newb because it makes no sense that you're complaining about you keeping stuff in trash instead of deleting it? BTW this thread was necro'd before I responded to it, and even if I didn't quote your reply you would of most likely been notified as it was your original thread.