Product Variation Images

ozcam

Having some problems with product variation images.
Firstly, often not all the variation images are imported. In a recent example the product on aliexpress had 12 different colours, however on import only 10 are visible

Secondly the product variation images within the plugin product page look squashed, they are displaying in a size that makes the images look distorted.

Thirdly, how can I access or edit these images.. I cannot see them on the plugin product page, where are they and how can I access them?

Fourthly, when selecting a colour and size there is no real indication as to what has been selected, a small box appears around the selected image and size but its small and hard to see. How does the customer easily know what variation selections they have made.

Lastly on the aliexpress site when selecting a variation image the main product image changes to the same as was just selected, however this feature does not seem to be present with the plugin. Is that correct or are there some options I need to look at..

As far as I can see so far, images are the biggest problem with this plugin. Lots have a watermark or some kind of chinese writing that does not look so good. For me every product I import needs to have most of the images edited.. This takes a loooong time.

using the woocommerce plugin Version 0.6.8.0.1

Last edited:

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
Having some problems with product variation images.
Firstly, often not all the variation images are imported. In a recent example the product on aliexpress had 12 different colours, however on import only 10 are visible

Secondly the product variation images within the plugin product page look squashed, they are displaying in a size that makes the images look distorted.

Thirdly, how can I access or edit these images.. I cannot see them on the plugin product page, where are they and how can I access them?

Fourthly, when selecting a colour and size there is no real indication as to what has been selected, a small box appears around the selected image and size but its small and hard to see. How does the customer easily know what variation selections they have made.

Lastly on the aliexpress site when selecting a variation image the main product image changes to the same as was just selected, however this feature does not seem to be present with the plugin. Is that correct or are there some options I need to look at..

As far as I can see so far, images are the biggest problem with this plugin. Lots have a watermark or some kind of chinese writing that does not look so good. For me every product I import needs to have most of the images edited.. This takes a loooong time.

using the woocommerce plugin Version 0.6.8.0.1
Hello,

1. Please send a ticket to support@alidropship.com with your WP admin credentials - we need to investigate why the variation images are not being imported.
2.,4. We'll check these points as well. The third one is usually caused by the theme or a third-party plugin.
3. You can access and edit these images in the Variations section of Product Data in the product's edit menu.
5. This feature should be present, we'll try to find out why it doesn't work on your site.

pinno

Hello Igor,
I have been having problems not being able to import images for variation images too. Do problems like these usually have similar causes? It would be nice if you can share them here so that we can use that to try to fix them ourselves too unless you like to receive loads of emails everyday with the same question....
Thanks.

orimond

hi there, i have this issue too. When i import the product, the color selection e.g, some in word links & some in images.
And they are not properly organised too. I'm using The7 theme from themeforest.net. I wonder could this be compatibility problem?
I hope someone can help. I have been reading the post but cannot find any solution :(

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator

Voglcp01

Hi I too am having an issue with the plugin only coping a few photos over to the gallery of a product. Also like Ozcam said, just like on the aliexpress site when you select a variation, the image should change. However, this feature does not seem to be present with the plugin as it doesn't copy specific variation images over. Is this normal?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi I too am having an issue with the plugin only coping a few photos over to the gallery of a product. Also like Ozcam said, just like on the aliexpress site when you select a variation, the image should change. However, this feature does not seem to be present with the plugin as it doesn't copy specific variation images over. Is this normal?
Variation images change if you select a variation. Do you have the latest version of plugin? 0.8.5?

tksone

I am having the same problem with variation images not being imported too, using the latest version of the plugin (0.8.5).

dsfelicia

Hello, please PM me your domain name and WP login credentials - I will check.

Hello Victoria,

I'm also having problems with the product variation images. They were imported successfully. However, the product options show up on the dropdown instead of showing as image options. I double checked and they are set to show as product images in the Attributes panel. This feature was also working ok before I updated to the latest plugin (Version 0.8.5).

Please help! I have sent an email to support@alidropship.com with my credentials.

Thanks!

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello Victoria,

I'm also having problems with the product variation images. They were imported successfully. However, the product options show up on the dropdown instead of showing as image options. I double checked and they are set to show as product images in the Attributes panel. This feature was also working ok before I updated to the latest plugin (Version 0.8.5).

Please help! I have sent an email to support@alidropship.com with my credentials.

Thanks!
Hi Victoria, I'm still having the same issue. But i have already email my login credentials to alisupport. so far, still awaiting for feedback
TQ
Hello, if you contacted already our support please wait for their feedback.

Arsalan Shabbir

Hello Victoria,

I am having the same I have imported the products but most of the thumbnail images are not imported. Please check and resolve

DieselC

I edit all images myself from Aliexpress as not all are the correct sizes. Take the best images you want for variations directly from the Aliexpress product page. Simply drag from the page to your desktop. It is better to do this so that you can "save to web" or use https://pixlr.com/editor/ as you can keep quality and reduce image kb. Most importantly, you can give each file an appropriate file name, one that reflects the image, which is very important for Google Search and Adwords (I am a certified Adwords Expert with 10 years experience.)

It is best to create images of 800x800px, WP/Woo will make all the resizes for you. You can set these settings inside Woocommerce.

basslion

I am also having issue where variation thumbnails are not being imported and only 2 main product images are showing for a product that on AliExpress has 6 main images and 3 color variation images.