Product sidebar shows different Title and Permalink

Direct Webstore

If you're talking about the URL being lower case and words-connected-with-dashes ... that's normal. It's supposed to be like that. Everywhere on the internet. Look at the forum URL above. All lower case and words connected with dashes.

https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/product-sidebar-shows-different-title-and-permalink.14087/

As for your unedited long. long long Aliexpress product title ... that's not normal. For God's sake edit it to something shorter and SEO friendly, like ... "USB Laptop Backpack"

Having those mentions of Aliexpress in the title is pure insanity.

;)

Avito

If you're talking about the URL being lower case and words-connected-with-dashes ... that's normal. It's supposed to be like that. Everywhere on the internet. Look at the forum URL above. All lower case and words connected with dashes.

https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/product-sidebar-shows-different-title-and-permalink.14087/

As for your unedited long. long long Aliexpress product title ... that's not normal. For God's sake edit it to something shorter and SEO friendly, like ... "USB Laptop Backpack"

Having those mentions of Aliexpress in the title is pure insanity.

;)

Hi Direct Webstore,

Thanks for your reply, but it seems you didn't understand my problem. I am not talking about the url being lowercase, rather the url being of a different product than the one on the page. The URL and the Title on the 'Quick Edit' sidebar from Alidropship are different from the one in the actual product. If you check the screenshot I've attached on my previous message you'll notice that the quick edit sidebar is pulling data from a different product. If I change the Title and Permalink there and click save the info will be saved to the "YESO Large Capacity Laptop Backpack..." product, not the "Fashion man laptop backpack usb..." one. I hope this makes it clearer, sorry if I wasn't so precise in describing the problem.

And by the way, I always edit my titles and permalinks, this was a raw import of products just to show the actual bug.

Direct Webstore

If you check the screenshot I've attached on my previous message you'll notice that the quick edit sidebar is pulling data from a different product.
I can't see that at all. But with that ridiculously long product title, it's hard to see anything.

Edit the product again normally. Not the "Quick Edit" and click "Edit" next to the URL, then delete it's contents, then click OK. A new URL will be generated based on the title.

;)

Avito

You are completely missing the point. It doesn't make a difference if the title is one letter or a book long, I'm not asking for advice on SEO practices or how to present the product. I'm talking about a bug. The fact is that the left sidebar (quick edit) tool from Alidropship Woo is getting data from another product and showing the wrong title and permalink on each one of the product pages. :rolleyes:

Direct Webstore

You are completely missing the point. It doesn't make a difference if the title is one letter or a book long,
I know. But that ridiculously long title makes it difficult to see that.
I'm not asking for advice on SEO practices or how to present the product.
I know

The fact is that the left sidebar (quick edit) tool from Alidropship Woo is getting data from another product and showing the wrong title and permalink on each one of the product pages.
Again ... forget the quick edit and edit the product normally like you're supposed to. At least TRY it.

I NEVER use quick edit for first time editing of products. Only for small edits later. The quick edit is not designed for the first time editing of products.

If that does not work ... contact support and give them admin access. It's impossible to say any more based on pics and not being able to look at your setup.

;)

Avito

I rarely use quick edit but I noticed there was a bug in it and I'm reporting it. If the quick edit doesn't work then there's something wrong. Saying, "just don't use it" is not a fix. But it seems you had nothing to add except to say that the title, that was imported directly from aliexpress and unedited, was too long...

Bugs may have a bigger underlaying cause and I'm worried this may be linked to something more serious than just not being able to edit the correct item as it is clearly pulling data from a different post id (even after deleting all products an re-installing the plugin).

I will definitely contact support but I think it's better to ask the community first, most times the answers we get here are useful.

Direct Webstore

Saying, "just don't use it" is not a fix.
I did not say that. I said ...
The quick edit is not designed for the first time editing of products.

and ...

Only for small edits later.

Putting words in my mouth does not help. Refusing to try the obvious also does not help.

Common sense would dictate to edit the product "normally" first, then using quick edit after on something. If there is a problem with it then, then report it. Simple.

No one uses the quick edit for initial editing of products.

;)

Avito

Ok then. If you want to get super precise about what was said, you did not say "just don't use it", you said "forget the quick edit and edit the product normally like you're supposed to." Thanks, that definitely helped. ;)

Direct Webstore

Cut the drama queen pedantics and just simply use the editing functions the way they're supposed to be used. Like I simply stated. Simple as that.