Pricing issue | The plugin import product price without ePacket shipping cost

Mostafa

Hi

The products that I'm trying to import comes with additional cost for ePacket shipping.

So when I import any product, the plugin only use the basic price (without variation or shipping method costs)

Here's an example:

A product without any variation, will cost between 0.43 to 1.85

issue_2.jpg

So I want now the price that will be imported to be the total amount after choosing the extra elemnts

Like the variation and shipping method

issue_3.jpg

Now as you can see the Price went up to $4.27

Now, Here's what I got when I try to import

issue1.jpg

The price is imported as the basic/initial of the product itself.

This has been applied to all my imported products (I just realized this now)

This is a problem for me because the pricing formula won't be accurate and I'll probably be selling at the cost price without a profit.

So my question, is there a way around this? Am I importing products in a wrong way? or I have to manually modify these products?

Direct Webstore

You can't import the shipping costs. Simple as that. You just have to stick to free shipping OR considering the small shipping costs, just absorb them with your overall profit. Seeing as dropshipping has minimal overheads (except for advertising), this should not be a problem unless you are are greedy. :)

So my question, is there a way around this?
No.

1. Free shipping
2. Absorb the costs with your overall profit.
3. Both 1 and 2 (My choice)

Take you pick.

This is what everyone does ... or at least the smart ones ... lol :)

Direct Webstore

This is a problem for me because the pricing formula won't be accurate and I'll probably be selling at the cost price without a profit.
Nonsense. Even the stock standard "Suggested Formulas" make more than enough profit to cover the relatively small e-packet charges. A lot of your shipping will also be free. So you have to look at the OVERALL profit of ALL products, not just the profit on individual products.

Some products depending on the shipping will make more or less profit, but they should ALL make some profit. You just need to put greed aside for a moment and think about it logically. :)

Then later, when you have imported a store full of products, you can take the time to start tweaking your products and start searching for the same products from different sellers offering free or cheaper e-packet options.

Last edited:

Mostafa

Nonsense. Even the stock standard "Suggested Formulas" make more than enough profit to cover the relatively small e-packet charges. A lot of your shipping will also be free. So you have to look at the OVERALL profit of ALL products, not just the profit on individual products.

I do look at the overall of course, but when most of your products costs around $4 or $5 but the plugin reads the price as $1 or $2, the profit that you'll be making (if you did) will be around 50 cents. (after deducting advertising, payoneer, stripe)

Some products depending on the shipping will make more or less profit, but they should ALL make some profit. You just need to put greed aside for a moment and think about it logically. :)

So my key factot that I want to focus on is the "fast delivery" and that all products will take between 15 to 20 days (using ePacket). To do that, I have to stick to this shipping method for all my products. It's not greed, as the % will be as it is,I just want to provide a good customer experience.

Then later, when you have imported a store full of products, you can take the time to start tweaking your products and start searching for the same products from different sellers offering free or cheaper e-packet options.

That's a good idea, and un that case I'll have to look for products that are being sold at $10 or more because usually that are the ones that comes with free ePacket.

Thanks for your response bud

Direct Webstore

It's all a matter of compromise working with what we have. It's not a 100% perfect system ... yet. You'd be having the same issues with Oberlo/Shopify too, except with much higher running costs.

If fast shipping is your number one priority ... then Aliexpress is not a good option. DHGate does very fast shipping with prices often cheaper than Aliexpress ... but you'd have to do more things manually.

My strategy is rather than try to make a fortune from one store, I run 7 stores that each add up to "a fortune". I have already killed off two non performing stores and made new ones. Like a starfish growing new legs. lol. I will continue to do that until I have 7 perfect stores.

Direct Webstore

but when most of your products costs around $4 or $5
That may be a problem if "most" of your products are in that range. My products range from around $5 - $40. I also have a "freebie" category with items that cost under a dollar. (All with free shipping only) Customers can choose their own free item with orders over $20. This helps a lot with the overall profit margins.

And above all ... I do free shipping for every item for every customer for every country, even if it uses up some of my profit on "some" items going to "some" countries. :)