Prices slow to load on site

chromakey

Hi there

what would cause a delay in the prices loading on my site? Sometime when I open a product page, it can be 5-10 seconds before the price is visible.

chromakey

Nevermind. Just logged into cpanel and saw that server CPU was nearly 100% - spoke to host who rebooted the server and made some changes. CPU is back to 1% and prices load instantly now

Use a caching plugin and switch to a faster host such as Fastcomet (I use it), Hostgator (suggested by @Direct Webstore) or Interserver (suggested by @Mar).

They will help you a lot. I use alidropship original plugin and get load time within 1-1.6 seconds (varies by page)

xRess

I've changed Hostgator with SiteGround because of the slow loading times and would recommend you guys do the same! :)

Direct Webstore

Hostgator (suggested by @Direct Webstore)
ONLY "Hosgator Business Cloud". Their other options are crap.

But I have also set up an Intersever account and have moved 4 sites there. The other 4 are still on Hosgator, but I won't be renewing my account there. I will be opening a second Interserver account.

The main reason is price, Interserver gives the same results as Hostgator Business Cloud at a much lower price.

The second reason is Interserver's built in free "Mail Channels" email server which saves even more money by not having to pay for something like Mailchimp. You can send up to 200 emails per hour, per domain, which is more than adequate.

As for bulk emailing of Newsletters and promotions, I have the free "Mailpoet" newsletter plugin which allows me to set how many emails per hour it sends. I set it to 100 per hour, which still leaves another 100 per hour for the transnational emails.

;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I've changed Hostgator with SiteGround because of the slow loading times and would recommend you guys do the same! :)

You did not mention which Hostgator package it was ...

ONLY "Hosgator Business Cloud". Their other options are crap.

And recommending SIteground is insane. This forum is full of horror stories about them. Just type "Siteground" into the search box above. @Mar will testify to that! lol

:)

Reactions: Mar

volkmarkt

I have the same problem. Prices load too slow, 5-10 seconds later than everything else. I was told to deactivate and even better delete all my other plugins like WP Rocket (caching + Cloudflare CDN), Imagify (image compression and conversion to WebP format) Yoast (SEO) and many others. Well, that is not an option as it helps to speed up the product pages and the site significantly,
See, how prices load on
Who can help or what can I do to improve the loading of the prices? Shall I ask an AliDropship developer to change some codes or shall I, as suggested, just change the hoster?
Any other input or suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

Direct Webstore

I was told to deactivate and even better delete all my other plugins like WP Rocket (caching + Cloudflare CDN), Imagify (image compression and conversion to WebP format) Yoast (SEO) and many others.
Who's the idiot that told you that?

Are you sure it's not just your internet connection? Have you tried it from a different connection, like your mobile phone, a friend's place, the library or internet cafe?

Anyway, it seems to be 4 seconds to me and really not that bad. The price is not the first thing people's eyes zoom into ... it's the pics. But I agree they need to load a bit faster. If it's not just your internet connection, perhaps you should contact support@alidropship.com and give them your Admin login details. (URL, username, password)

volkmarkt

Who's the idiot that told you that?... perhaps you should contact support@alidropship.com and give them your Admin login details. (URL, username, password)

This is what I did and they told me to deactivate all third party plug-ins.

Are you sure it's not just your internet connection? Have you tried it from a different connection, like your mobile phone, a friend's place, the library or internet cafe?

Oh yes, I tried. Different mobile phones, computers, iPads and internet connections. No difference. Anyway, we cannot control the internet connection of the visitor and if he or she is in a week connection area ... that was it.

Well, after all - according to the comments above it might have to do something with the hoster. When my year is full, I'll change. Untill then I will try to insert the code of the price element into the text of the product description in order to see, whether it has something to do with the code itself or with the header of the product pages, will say the part with the gallery, price and Add-to-Cart button.

Cheers

Direct Webstore

This is what I did and they told me to deactivate all third party plug-ins.
That's not an answer to "Who?" Nevermind.

Anyway, we cannot control the internet connection of the visitor
Nor can you have any idea what their connection is like. Irrelevant. Nevermind.

Anyway, that 4-second delay is not something to lose too much sleep over.

When my year is full, I'll change.
I wouldn't wait. What's more important? Having a site performing as you wish or saving a few dollars?

I have abandoned hosts in the past. Usually, it's a case of writing off $50-60 or so. No big deal. Who cares about a small amount like that?